User talk:MF-Warburg/Archive6

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Archive from 2015-2016 – with history

Contents

User:Kimberley-nia Bot[edit]

Is it still active? Bot still in #cvn-sw though no reports since September. The user page says "toolserver", not toollabs. As it has not reported, I have rem'd that section on Steward requests/Miscellaneous until it is back.  — billinghurst sDrewth 04:08, 4 January 2015 (UTC)

It should work again now. I will update the userpage. --MF-W 01:01, 5 January 2015 (UTC)
Merci beaucoup.  — billinghurst sDrewth 13:45, 5 January 2015 (UTC)

Awadhi Wikipedia[edit]

Hello,MF-Warburg.Please Review the Awadhi Language Test Wiki Project and verify the project to be eligible .--Anuraag Pandey (talk) 02:54, 5 January 2015 (UTC)


Hello ,MF-Warburg.Kindly,I would like to ask you that what are the requirements missing for Awadhi Wikipedia Project ? I think we have ticked every boxes for the eligibility and final approval .The language is sufficiently unique having sufficient number of living native speakers to form a viable community.There is continuing effort for the localisation work too.-Anuraag Pandey (Leave a message) 05:52, 24 February 2015 (UTC)

Unblocking on Wikimedia Commons and other projects[edit]

Hi, I think you have blocked my from all wikis by mistake as I don't remember making any kind of spam or vandal using this network. Could you please unblock me? --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 18:38, 14 January 2015 (UTC)

I don't see any blocks on your account, so I guess it is an IP block that affects you? If so, please tell me the IP (you can also do it via stewards @ wikimedia.org if you don't want to post it publicly). --MF-W 20:22, 14 January 2015 (UTC)

New admin process for kw.wiki[edit]

Hi - thanks for handling our temp admin rights (for myself and User:Bodrugan). We're starting to draft processes/guidelines for appointing admins. Can you let me know what would be the requirements for the kw.wiki to be able to 'self-sufficient' in appointing permanent admins by itself - I'm assuming its community size, but what kind of size do you use when considering requests? Many thanks! Sweorcan (talk) 09:17, 15 January 2015 (UTC)

Hi. My views on this - and I believe of some other stewards as well - are based on the Requests for comment/Minimum voting requirements, which happened years ago. It's difficult to give exact numbers, as it is always a decision dependent on the individual cases, but I think that for granting permanent adminship on a wiki by stewards, there should be at least 5-6 users who vote/participate in the RFA who have at least 100 (preferably of course more) edits on the wiki in question. --MF-W 22:10, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
Many thanks - Whilst I think (hopefully) grow over that rough benchmark, it's unlikely in the near future - so I'll write it into the guidelines I'm working on. Sweorcan (talk) 12:26, 16 January 2015 (UTC)

Massmessage[edit]

I'm sorry for including you multiple times in my lists, and it is unfortunate I did not mention that the message is a one-time occurrence similar to the way the 2014 top medical editors were awarded with barnstars. I would hope you understand I included multiple copies of some names because I was unable to tell which main Wiki was involved. It is possible I should have looked for certain names on meta, but you are also one of a very few who are active enough to discover multi-wiki message, and I feared messages would not otherwise be read. I wish for you to accept my apology, and would consider our project a worthy cause anyway. CFCF (talk) 18:36, 28 January 2015 (UTC)

I see. I accept your apology; and do think the project is a worthy cause, however I have no idea how I could possible have been considered as a "top medical contributor" (on multiple wikis) as I am not really knowledgeable and active in that field. --MF-W 20:22, 28 January 2015 (UTC)

Closed-discussion pages[edit]

On an issue similar to what I've been addressing (verrry slowly) at Talk:Language committee#Requests for new languages inconsistencies, I notice that some closed-discussion subpages under Proposals for closing projects have been semiprotected to prevent further editing by regular users, but most have not, leading to some good-faith mistakes like this. I was thinking of adding {{discussion top}} and {{discussion bottom}} to the subpages whose discussions are finished but are still editable, since that makes it immediately visually obvious that something special has happened (example). (Note that I have just added a parameter to the templates to allow suppression or replacement of the "Subsequent comments" part of the template message, if desired — see the template docs.) What do you think? I would have suggested just semiprotecting all such subpages as a normal part of the closure process, but things like this suggest that tagging with the template(s) might be a better approach. - dcljr (talk) 22:40, 4 February 2015 (UTC)

That's a very good idea; it used to be done in the past indeed. Please feel free to do it. --MF-W 11:19, 5 February 2015 (UTC)

Steward elections[edit]

Hi MF, a user can be the housekeeper took 90% of the vote? A person without a fight global as vandalism, only to have the steward comes to the vote would be as absurd as. Good wikis. --Uğurkenttalk 14:41, 9 February 2015 (UTC)

Sorry, I do not understand your question. Do you want to know whether someone can be elected who gets 90% support? --MF-W 16:00, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Yes, someone who is a not contribute as much cross-wiki with to be selected as 90% voting percentage? --Uğurkenttalk 16:10, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Well, that is depressing, but the majority of the voters doesn't seem to care. The only requirements in order to be a candidate who can get elected are listed here and they do not include "much cross-wiki activity". You can of course try to convince voters to oppose candidates who don't have enough crosswiki experience, but you don't need to try it here. I, for one, opposed all but three candidates in this election, but I am just one voter. --MF-W 16:44, 9 February 2015 (UTC)

IRC channel access request[edit]

Dear MF-Warburg, on IRC/Channels you're listed as one of users who can be contacted to request access to #wikimedia-admin channel. Can you please provide me access to the channel? I'm long time Wikipedian and long time sysop on hy:wp, and I'd want to ask for suggestions on sock-puppetry fighting, which may be counter-productive to discuss publicly. My IRC nickname is same, as here. Thanks. --Xelgen (talk) 15:38, 10 February 2015 (UTC)

I added you to the channel access list. See IRC/wikimedia-admin#Gaining_Access for how to enter. If you have an IRC cloak, I can also add that so that you don't need to invite yourself to the channel before you can enter it. --MF-W 16:28, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
Thanks a lot, I've been able to access channel. I just applied for an IRC cloak, so I may bother you once again, in few days, do add an invite exemption to my cloak. --Xelgen (talk) 00:07, 11 February 2015 (UTC)

Block[edit]

Please block me in armenian wikipedia for 3 years. Regards --Vadgt (Vadgt's user page Vadgt's talk page) 19:27, 21 February 2015 (UTC)

Sorry, I am not a local admin there. --MF-W 21:46, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Ok, I do not want to request Armenian Wikipedia admins, because of a conflict. --Vadgt (Vadgt's user page Vadgt's talk page) 21:53, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Then it is maybe the best to simply wait a day or so, so that the situation can calm down. --MF-W 22:28, 21 February 2015 (UTC)

Konkani Wikipedia live request[edit]

Dear MF-Warburg, could you help update the status on the Konkani Wikipedia live request that was put up some months ago? I believe there was some discussion on the Langcom List, but there is almost no action visible form the LangCom. Let me know if you need further information with regard to this language project request. Thanks.--Visdaviva (talk) 18:23, 1 March 2015 (UTC)

Congratulations on March 8[edit]

Красные розы.gif

Congratulations--6AND5 (talk) 09:35, 8 March 2015 (UTC)

Feedback needed from LangCom[edit]

Dear member of the Language Committee, can you please try to answer some of the messages on Talk:Language committee (and its archive)? Many people are asking for updates and indications about their requests, but they are almost never getting an answer of any kind. Candalua (talk) 12:28, 11 March 2015 (UTC)

Balochi language wikipedia[edit]

Hello Mr MF-Warburg! I am User wikimedia and working for Balochi language , balochi language its language of the Baloch people in Pakistan , Iran , Afghanistan and other countries we requested for a wiki in Balochi language,and you can read information about our language there, our project now active and just need to verification from Language Committee. please help us, so thanks. Белуджский язык (talk) 23:20, 15 March 2015 (UTC)

Steward_requests[edit]

Please help us. Our Wikipedia vandals attack. Please give me the right to a temporary administrator to quickly block vandals. I from Meadow Mari Wiki --Санюн Вадик (talk) 16:31, 25 March 2015 (UTC)

Please see SRP for how to get adminship. --MF-W 03:08, 26 March 2015 (UTC)

Russian newsforum[edit]

Please pay attention that ru:Википедия:Форум/Новости/Flow isn't the actual ruwiki news forum, it's still ru:Википедия:Форум/Новости, and /Flow is a test sandbox page. Please post new notifications to the old forum. MaxBioHazard (talk) 17:08, 10 April 2015 (UTC)

Ok, thanks for informing me. Both pages are listed on Distribution list/Global message delivery, which I used. Therefore the message was sent to ru:Википедия:Форум/Новости#Stewards_confirmation_rules as well. User:Сунприат added the Flow page a few days ago. Maybe discuss with him where the messages should be sent? Best regards, --MF-W 17:22, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
Yes, this message is on both pages, everything is OK --Сунприат (talk) 19:39, 10 April 2015 (UTC)

breton wiki[edit]

Could you tell us if there is any steward in this wikipedia, how he was named, and what he has he been doing along the years? Thank you Bianchi-Bihan (kaozeal) 10 Ebr 2015 da 16:57 (UTC)

Hi, stewards are a global user group - there are no stewards just for Breton Wikipedia, English Wikipedia, etc. --MF-W 19:44, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
Mind if I say something? There are some users who speak breton and they might have specific flags at the "meta" level or on other wiki multilingual platforms (commons, wikidata), but as far as I remmeber no steward is br-N, br-3 or br-2. For example here I've tried to suggest to a br-2 user to apply for the flag of Global renamers. So, as you can see, there is some "attention" on the topic, even if it is a "minor" language.--Alexmar983 (talk) 22:12, 10 April 2015 (UTC)

Requests for comment - Confirmation of stewards[edit]

Hi, i've informed frwiki. Do you want me to do the same on itwiki?--Alexmar983 (talk) 22:04, 10 April 2015 (UTC)

I sent a note using MassMessage to it:Discussioni_Wikipedia:Ambasciata#Stewards_confirmation_rules (and also to fr:Wikipédia:Le_Bistro/11_avril_2015#Stewards_confirmation_rules). But if there is a better place, feel free to move it there or write an information yourself on itwiki as well :) --MF-W 22:07, 10 April 2015 (UTC)

Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey[edit]

Inspire astrocat aqua.png

Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!

Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.



Many thanks,

Jmorgan (WMF) (talk), on behalf of the IdeaLab team.

00:35, 14 April 2015 (UTC)

This message was delivered automatically to Inspire campaign participants. To unsubscribe from any future IdeaLab reminders, remove your name from this list

Чүге баладың[edit]

Чүге мээң сөзүм баладың? --Көпек (talk) 08:31, 16 April 2015 (UTC)

Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Siberian Tatar Wikipedia is already closed. New comments have no effect. --MF-W 17:16, 18 April 2015 (UTC)

Wikimedia Forum[edit]

Dear MF-Warburg, please ascertain if Seskfabrega & Դավիթ Սարոյան or SusikMkr have a contact. For more information see this. --Դեմ խմբակային իշխանությանը (Vadgt's user page Vadgt's talk page) 16:23, 25 April 2015 (UTC)

I see there is a request on SRCU, it will be handled there. --MF-W 02:29, 26 April 2015 (UTC)

Incubator languages[edit]

Hello, today I run a script to find translators for languages in need of most used messages translations. For the languages 80–99 % translated it went rather well (almost 700 quite active editors), but for the hundreds remaining languages I'm having issues, only 300 editors found. Is it realistic for incubator to have 114 languages with a MediaWiki locale but no Wikimedia project and not a single editor having at least 30 edits in 6 months? If not, I'm afraid way too many users are editing Incubator with English interface language. :[ --Nemo 17:21, 26 April 2015 (UTC)

Hm, you mean that the languages which have <80% completion in MediaWiki have 300 editors in total on WMF wikis who have one of these languages as their preference? --MF-W 23:56, 26 April 2015 (UTC)

Laos wikipedia[edit]

Adminstator in laos wikipedia not have activation for almost 2 year, and laos wikipedia has not correct several point, i want to editing again, thank--Laomonarchrestore (talk) 09:33, 12 May 2015 (UTC)

You can edit without being an administrator. --MF-W 12:52, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
No, several article are very not tidy and have troll in laos wikipedia, i want to delete and block it--Laomonarchrestore (talk) 16:40, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
You can start an adminship request on lowiki then and report it on SRP after at least 1 week. --MF-W 18:11, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
ok, thank you, but how i request in laos wikipedia? in laos wikipedia not have bureaucrat and look like deserted--Laomonarchrestore (talk) 05:32, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
On a page used for community discussion. It might be called "community portal", "village pump", or similar. --MF-W 15:04, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
It's deserted and useless, not have wikipedia user which understand and interesting it, please, i want to become administrator for big editing and updates, not have wikipedia users community in laos wikipedia--Laomonarchrestore (talk) 08:41, 16 May 2015 (UTC)
Well, I see your request proceeds as you have posted this and linked to it on SRP. --MF-W 18:46, 17 May 2015 (UTC)

Permissions history[edit]

Can you help me remember when we've created new permissions, activated or deactivated entire user-groups on different wikis?

I remember global sysop and global rollback. How about some less-bureaucratic examples? SJ talk  13:08, 15 May 2015 (UTC)

Well, there are some examples with other global groups:
--MF-W 18:56, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
Don't forget global renamers! --Rschen7754 19:43, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
Right; it was established after discussions among stewards, as e.g. this shocking summary reveals. --MF-W 21:00, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
And by the way, I think the introduction of Global Rollback also wasn't preceded by an RFC or so, it was just done by stewards. --MF-W 21:01, 17 May 2015 (UTC)

Neapolitanische wikisource[edit]

Sehr geehrte MF-Warburg,

Entschuldigen Sie bitte mein Deutsch.

Brauchen wir Hilfe mit der Neapolitanische Wikisource Anmeldung nach die Language committee. Vielleicht wollen Sie uns Hilfe mit eine Ping nach die Langcom Mailing List.

Vielen dank!! --C.R. (talk) 21:07, 4 June 2015 (UTC)

Latin script articles in the Konkani Wikipedia[edit]

Hi Warburg, I feel that the Konkani Wikipedia, which has been approved by LangCom, should inclue the Latin script articles as well. The only reason I've seen put forward to exclude the Latin script articles is that Devanagari is the official script. I've left a comment to this effect at the request discussion, please could you also share your thoughts, if any, about this there? Regards. The Discoverer (talk) 05:12, 19 June 2015 (UTC)

Hello MF-Warburg, with respect to this discussion, please could you confirm whether you will import the Latin script articles too from wp/gom ? Thanks, The Discoverer (talk) 18:18, 19 June 2015 (UTC)

Langcom decided to approve a gom-deva wiki. Therefore I imported only the deva pages now. --MF-W 22:24, 23 June 2015 (UTC)

Sorry, it was my mistake. I did not initially realise that the proposal had been for a Devanagari Wikipedia. I have made a more detailed request regarding this. How can I formally draw the attention of LangCom to this? The Discoverer (talk) 06:47, 24 June 2015 (UTC)

Stewards noticeboard[edit]

Please see this --Դեմ խմբակային իշխանությանը (talk) 15:15, 19 June 2015 (UTC)

luri southern (luz) to be verified as eligible[edit]

hi mr Warburg.i think Southern Lurish "luz"meets all the 4 criteria to be verified as eligible.if it has the possibility to be verified as eligible , please do it.thanks.--علی ساکی لرستانی (talk) 12:12, 23 June 2015 (UTC) hi mr warfburg can you response me?--علی ساکی لرستانی (talk) 15:44, 24 June 2015 (UTC)

Global CSS/JS migration[edit]

Hello MF-Warburg. You have global scripts in User:MF-Warburg/global.js, which you import using your local JS pages. Since August 2014, your global.js and global.css pages are loaded automatically on all wikis. Since you already import them yourself, you may experience script errors or tools being added twice. Do you want me to remove the global imports from your local pages using Synchbot (without changing any other content)? —Pathoschild 18:56, 28 June 2015 (UTC)

No thanks, I remove them as I come along them :) --MF-W 23:42, 2 July 2015 (UTC)

Recover[edit]

Hi, please recover azb:User talk:นคเรศ. Mjbmr (discussioncontribs) 17:26, 24 July 2015 (UTC)

Done. --MF-W 17:31, 25 July 2015 (UTC)

Southern Lurish Wikipedia to be verified as eligible[edit]

hi mr Warburg.i think Southern Lurish "luz"meets all the 4 criteria to be verified as eligible.if it has the possibility to be verified as eligible with this growing of activity and active users , please do it.thanks.--علی ساکی لرستانی (talk) 12:12, 23 June 2015 (UTC)


Question[edit]

Hello MF-Warburg. What does this mean? The answer is you can not, you should erase? :Idin Mammadof (talk) 7:55, 14 Awgust 2014 (UTC)

As you can read there, the page "Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat" is for requests concerning Meta-Wiki (this wiki), and not something else. Meta admins and bureaucrats cannot do anything on azwiki. --MF-W 15:16, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
Thank you. Violated the principles of Wikipedia. You can do nothing? -- :Idin Mammadof (talk) 18:27, 14 Awgust 2014 (UTC)
Unfortunately not. --MF-W 18:27, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
Thanks. Then please give me some advice: To whom should I complain? For example, here the problem can be solved? Here the discussion did not take place. -- :Idin Mammadof (talk) 21:02, 17 Awgust 2014 (UTC)

Galician-Portuguese Language Wikipedia Project - Hello MF-Warburg![edit]

Hello, I open a proposal for create an Galician-Portuguese Wikipedia, the Galician-Portuguese was a language spoke in Galicia and Portugal, between the X and XIV centuries, then Galician had influence of spanish and the Galician and Portuguee became different. This language was so important than Alfonso X, el Sabio of the foreign kingdom of Lion used this language in his poems as D.Dinis king of Portugal. Some experts in language, one recomenmed me this project, believe Galician-Portuguese is still in use by the different names Galician and Portuguese and the differences are little so there are different forms of a language you can look for more info. I haven´t got ISO code because is an old language as Old English... Say please what things we have to do to turn it eligible.

PROPOSAL PAGE: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/WIKIPROJECT_Galician-Portuguese

Thanks for hear me! Please contact me and give me your opinion and help!


--Gato Preto (talk) 16:13, 14 August 2015 (UTC)

luz wiki[edit]

hi mr Warburg.Southern Lurish "luz"should be verified as eligible.if it has the possibility to be verified as eligible with this growing of activity and active users , please do it.thanks.--Biramilur (talk) 11:04, 20 August 2015 (UTC)

open or anonymizing proxy[edit]

Hi dear friend I want to wikipedia azb open or anonymizing proxy. To prevent abuse, these proxies blocked--Amir a57 (talk) 14:38, 31 August 2015 (UTC)

See NOP. --MF-W 14:45, 31 August 2015 (UTC)

Administrator access for azbwiki[edit]

Hi dear MF-Warburg! Please attention here. 15 days before, the request of administrator access started.--Ebrahimi-amir (talk) 04:47, 3 September 2015 (UTC)

I see it was already handled by Billinghurst. --MF-W 22:19, 3 September 2015 (UTC)

Small question[edit]

Hiya MF-W. This is a silly question but on this RfC page, are the red color in oppose template different? or is it my screen or my eyes? I mean your oppose shows up much brighter than mine? Thanks. Theo10011 (talk) 20:46, 10 September 2015 (UTC)

Yes, it comes from the template Template:Strong oppose. I normally don't use "voting templates", but just write the point of my opinion in bold, but if a topic already has many supports with the template, I think it is a funny contrast. --MF-W 01:27, 11 September 2015 (UTC)
Oh new template and a different color. It seems to have been added recently. I guess I haven't caught up with all the new changes. :) Thanks MF-W. Kind Regards. Theo10011 (talk) 22:22, 11 September 2015 (UTC)

Problem in azbwiki[edit]

Hi dear MF-Warburg! Azbwikipedia is in trouble. There is no possibility to sign in and there is no possibility of any editing--Ebrahimi-amir (talk) 04:43, 13 September 2015 (UTC)

I wrote in here--Ebrahimi-amir (talk) 05:28, 13 September 2015 (UTC)

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 15 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that anyone with access to nonpublic information sign the new confidentiality agreement by 15 December 2015 (OTRS users have until 22 December 2015) to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have access to nonpublic information and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. The general confidentiality agreement is now ready, and the OTRS agreement will be ready after 22 September 2015. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum@wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 15 December 2015 (OTRS users have until 22 December 2015) to retain your access to nonpublic information. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 23:33, 15 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

New wikipedia[edit]

Hello MF-Warburg, I try to create a wikipedia on my tongue, I need you to help me or advise me , thank you —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Jotamur (talk)

Yes brilliant. Which is your language? --MF-W 16:38, 16 September 2015 (UTC)
the language in question is Andalusian the descendant of the called Mozarabic romance http://www.andalucia.cc/adarve/abenbela.htm http://www.andalucia.cc/adarve/larjamia.html —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Jotamur (talk)
Does it have an en:ISO 639 code? --MF-W 01:43, 20 September 2015 (UTC)

Pashto Wikipedia MediaWiki:Recentchangestext[edit]

Hello Mr Warburg, Can you please help us for put this text {{وروستي بدلونونو سر لیکنه}} in this Medidiawiki, Thanx.--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 16:38, 30 September 2015 (UTC)

Hello. It does not seem a very good idea to put an unprotected template into it, as that would undermine the protection of the MediaWiki namespace, which precisely can only be edited by sysops to prevent that users (accidentally or maliciously) destroy the interface. I think it's better if you get local admins on pswiki to do it, or to put an expanded version (Special:ExpandTemplates) of the template into the page. --MF-W 04:17, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
I know , but I mean we want to create Recentchanges text for pswiki and we alredy have a template, and just need to put it in MediaWiki:recentchangestext like this one.--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 16:18, 2 October 2015 (UTC)

Ancient languages...[edit]

Can Ancient languages have a Wikipedia for them? Like Latin and Old English I see they have. Thanks for your attention. Please contact me here: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usuario:Gato_Preto --Gato Preto (talk) 20:44, 2 October 2015 (UTC)

Why have I been blocked from editing?[edit]

I've been editing wikipedia for over 8 years, and have never received any warnings. Now when I try to edit any page I get this message:

Your IP address is in a range which has been blocked on all wikis.

"The block was made by MF-Warburg (meta.wikimedia.org). The reason given is cross-wiki abuse (m:Special:Permalink/13867399#Australian_Telstra.2FNSW_IP_addresses).

Start of block: 01:09, October 6, 2015 Expiry of block: 01:09, November 6, 2015 You can contact MF-Warburg to discuss the block."

I assume this is an error of some kind. If not, please explain. Thanks. Freikorp (talk) 11:20, 6 October 2015 (UTC)

I've changed the block to anon-only, as was actually originally my intention. --MF-W 00:07, 7 October 2015 (UTC)

Flagging[edit]

Alas, I was away last week! Thanks for the notice, though. User rights should be no big deal. SJ talk  05:09, 10 October 2015 (UTC)

What a pity. But I agree, and I'm sure you can get your rights back when you should need them again. --MF-W 00:48, 11 October 2015 (UTC)

special request[edit]

Hello. Im Erdemaslancan. I want to deleting my account but my acount now bloked. I want to opend my account. I send request there. Please help me. Thank you 212.252.19.184 18:01, 13 October 2015 (UTC)

bot[edit]

For attention.E THP (talk) 11:46, 19 October 2015 (UTC)

Western Balochi language[edit]

Hi Warburg.

I want to know what results for Western Balochi language wikipedia approval. You promised me that you will help us for approval our project in march if you remember it, but why its not approve by lancom! I dont know what is wrong with our project. If possible please help us I'm really tired in Incubator. If need to good articles we have a lot for example you can see here, please help us.Danke.--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 21:58, 15 October 2015 (UTC)

Dear Warburg,

Supplementing the arguments forwarded by Ibrahim, I request you to kindly thru his explanation on my talk page User_talk:Hindustanilanguage#Balochi language Wikipedia.

I profoundly recall your supportive gesture in the context of Maithili and how you highlighted some gaps to be filled before launching it as a full-fledged project

I request your kind consideration in the case of Westrn Balochi language as well. --Muzammil (talk) 18:08, 28 October 2015 (UTC)

question[edit]

Where you been at since you haven't edited? --74.130.133.1 02:55, 11 November 2015 (UTC)

Why does it interest you? My computer is broken. --MF-W 15:46, 11 November 2015 (UTC)

Hey MF-Warburg[edit]

If I vandalize one more time will you globally block me and block me here anonymously and let me edit talk page? --74.131.36.145 21:30, 13 November 2015 (UTC)

Check this out bro [1] --74.131.36.145 21:36, 13 November 2015 (UTC)

Help[edit]

My dear Mr.MF-Warburg, I want to add the editing community in the Khowar Wikipedia but you have reverted my edits, please add the editing community which i have added earlier and delete other things that you see something are wrong if any, and guide us that how we can add the editing community in Khowar Wikipedia?-- Zaheeruddin25 (talk) 04:52, 22 November 2015 (UTC)Thanks

Free Bassel banner[edit]

You moved the talk page but not the main page and broke the links. Please fix :-) odder (talk) 13:13, 25 November 2015 (UTC)

How do you mean? I see Free Bassel/Banner and nothing on Special:WhatLinksHere/Banner:Free_Bassel. --MF-W 15:52, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
I believe there was a mistake in what odder wrote — you have moved the main page but left the talk page (he wrote vice versa). I moved it later, after the odder's message here. --Base (talk) 17:20, 25 November 2015 (UTC)

Please Solve Problem on gu.wikipedia[edit]

નમસ્તે, હું ગુજરાતી વિકિપીડિયાનો સક્રિય સદસ્ય છું. અમારે હાલમાં કોઇ પણ જૂના અને કાયમી પ્રબંધકો સક્રિય નથી. ગુજરાતી વિકિપીડિયામાં નવા પ્રબંધકની સાથે સાથે autopatrolled, Rollbackers, importers, reviewer જેવા સદસ્ય અધિકારો માટે પણ નામાંકન અને મતદાન થયું છે. જે આપ નીચેની કડી પર જોઇ શકો છો:-

Our ony active and new sysop user:Aniket can't access to grant user right. All other sysop not active this time. So please solve this problem.-YmKavishwar (talk) 08:19, 28 November 2015 (UTC)

Please, file such requests on SRP for every individual nomination that is ready. --MF-W 15:34, 28 November 2015 (UTC)

Blocked??[edit]

It seems you've blocked me. Not sure what I've done wrong. Couldn't see anything on my talk page. Couldn't seem to write anything on your's (because I'm blocked :) )

Not sure if this is the appropriate way to contact you, but wasn't sure what else to do. The reference shown is:

2001:8003:2207:9A00:D0B2:7E3C:3B1:8F27

Thank you
Melinda

—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2001:8003:2207:9a00:d0b2:7e3c:3b1:8f27 (talk)

Your IP address is blocked as part of a range block on a persistent vandal. Where (on which wiki) do you desire to edit? --MF-W 22:06, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
That's OK. I have created a new username, as I couldn't remember the old one. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by MelShel (talk)

It's now been unblocked. Thanks! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 101.176.154.227 (talk)

No problem. --MF-W 22:40, 6 March 2016 (UTC)

What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?[edit]

IdeaLab logo dark orange.png

Hi there,

I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!

Here’s how to participate:

Take care,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 03:34, 5 December 2015 (UTC)

Problem in Azb wiki[edit]

TurkceAz.jpg

Hi dear MF-Warburg! We have problem in link to Azbwiki on other wikies.--Ebrahimi-amir (talk) 07:01, 10 December 2015 (UTC)

Is this an interwiki link that comes from Wikidata? Which page is affected? All or only some? --MF-W 21:28, 10 December 2015 (UTC)
There was in all pages. Now every thing is right! Thanks.--Ebrahimi-amir (talk) 15:19, 13 December 2015 (UTC)

Incubator[edit]

Hi! Can you please look at you talkpage on Incubator? Thanks. --Ochilov (talk) 11:06, 18 December 2015 (UTC)

I look at it all the time. --MF-W 13:27, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
Yeah, but you did not answer me there... --Ochilov (talk) 14:28, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
I was waiting for the issue to be resolved. Since today I first saw your message here, then there, I answered here, thinking it would be a sufficient sign to you that I had given attention to your message. Thanks --MF-W 14:54, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
Yeah, thank you very much. Sorry for confusing :) --Ochilov (talk) 15:31, 18 December 2015 (UTC)

Thanks[edit]

Dear MF-Warburg, thank you for pointing this out. I am aware of most guidelines, but alot of unspoken rules I still need to make my own. With this particular case I followed several recent examples, but those might also have been overly cautious. If you have feedback to any of my actions in the future please proceed to tell me, so I can learn and do not repeat the same mistake. All the best, Taketa (talk) 19:17, 18 December 2015 (UTC)

Wikinews and Wikivoyage Thai[edit]

Please Open that by final decision please Now Wiki Thai want to open them [2] [3] -Parintar (talk)

Please check my RFA request[edit]

Sir, could you check my RFA request. [4] And Local discussion [5] Dr Lotus Black (talk) 04:29, 24 December 2015 (UTC)

Global blockee's articles in xh:[edit]

I see you've globally blocked 2602:30A:2C48:EB10:E5AE:AD87:18A1:6A7B while leaving the user's articles in the Xhosa Wikipedia (see previous link). I assume you can't really tell if any are legit, but there are some that are clearly "sub-par", like these. Were you going to delete any of this user's articles? … Oh, I see you've started to do delete stuff in the Venda WP. I guess you just haven't gotten to the other(s) yet. - dcljr (talk) 04:45, 5 January 2016 (UTC)

Yes, I deleted them now. It's quite easy to say that they are all not legit: they were all a copy of xh:ENetherlands. --MF-W 05:23, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
Re "legit": I meant that if any of the user's articles actually were legitimate Xhosa text about the subject of the article, neither of us could know that for sure. I see that you left xh:Oceania in place (albeit modified), presumably for that very reason. - dcljr (talk) 00:11, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
Well yes, of course if they have content which looks like Xhosa, we'll probably not recognize if it's really Xhosa. But the guy didn't add any texts; xh:Oceania was edited by an IP. --MF-W 22:35, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
Oops, yeah, you're right. - dcljr (talk) 00:38, 8 January 2016 (UTC)

löscht Du alles was Du nicht verstehst?[edit]

Hello MF-Warburg! Bei [6] gab es 280 WMF w: Sprach- / wiki-Codes, die mit viel Mühe zusammengetragen wurden. Da hättest Du also ein weites Betätigungsfeld. Als Steward bist Du da nicht allein, siehe [7] (wurde gelöscht bevor das Modul gespeichert werden konnte). Hatte eigentlich erwartet Dich beim IRC #wikimedia-stewards anzutreffen. Vielleicht ein andermal. Gruß Gangleri auch aka I18n (talk) 08:57, 5 January 2016 (UTC)

Nein, dann müsste ich diesen Abschnitt ja löschen. --MF-W 19:42, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
Kannst Du bitte die beiden gelöschten Module wieder herstellen? Analog zu "list of articles all Wikipedias should have" d.h. Wikipedia:Vital articles (Q5460604) sollte es auch eine Auswahl von Modulen geben, die in jedem WMF-Projekt verfügbar sind. Das gilt natürlich auch für Vorlagen, Weiterleitungen usw. Gruß I18n (talk) 02:10, 6 January 2016 (UTC)
Ja, wofür brauchen wir die denn? --MF-W 22:35, 7 January 2016 (UTC)

Interested in knowing the reason for hold[edit]

Hi, why there is a hold on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_requests/Bot_status#Jnanabot.40orwiki? --Jnanaranjan sahu (talk) 19:32, 21 January 2016 (UTC)

Because requests should at least be open for some days for everyone to have a chance to participate. For bot requests, I think 5 days is an appropriate time if nothing else is stated in some policy. --MF-W 21:33, 21 January 2016 (UTC)
Thank You. I will be waiting.--Jnanaranjan sahu (talk) 03:32, 22 January 2016 (UTC)

Future IdeaLab Campaigns results[edit]

IdeaLab badge 1.png

Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.

With great thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 23:56, 26 January 2016 (UTC)

Excuse me,Steward! How many votes of bottom line are in Bureaucrat application at Hakka Wikipedia?[edit]

Ex. The title of discussion. Thanks.Because I am counting votes.--Eager Lin (Message) 10:10, 31 January 2016 (UTC)

There is no fixed number for that. --MF-W 12:51, 31 January 2016 (UTC)

Esperanto Wikivoyage[edit]

Hi! Can you look here, please? Thanks is advance! --Ochilov (talk) 11:56, 11 February 2016 (UTC)

Hi, have you already done? --Ochilov (talk) 13:06, 18 February 2016 (UTC)
Hey...--Ochilov (talk) 17:58, 23 February 2016 (UTC)
Why don't you reply? --Ochilov (talk) 02:43, 26 February 2016 (UTC)

Requests ipblock-exempt for incubator.wikimedia[edit]

Requesting an IP address block exemption, because (your reason here). Garfield73 (talk) 09:15, 14 February 2016 (UTC)

Ehm, what is your reason? ---MF-W 16:51, 14 February 2016 (UTC)

Hello[edit]

I can't use tool translate page but I can manually translate page, can you give me a application for me, I use mobile version. Regards -- Face-smile.svg Ays (Talk) 11:18, 23 February 2016 (UTC)

So you are unable to use Special:Translate in the mobile version? --MF-W 14:44, 23 February 2016 (UTC)
Yes I Can't Regards -- Face-smile.svg Ays (Talk) 22:11, 23 February 2016 (UTC)
And what exactly happens? Do you get an error message? --MF-W 23:51, 23 February 2016 (UTC)
@Arifys: you will have to use normal interface for translating them (i.e. in URL remove m.). Maybe you may be interested at phab:T102922. Btw, please fix your signature, it links User instead of your userpage. Matiia (talk) 00:26, 24 February 2016 (UTC)
@MF-Warburg: I can't translate page with my mobile version, but I can manually translate page. And I don't get an error message, but the tool translate page don't open with my mobile version. Can you give me a suggestion. Face-smile.svg Arifys (Talk) 05:12, 24 February 2016 (UTC)
It seems like there is currently a bug, as described in the link given by Matiia. Please try the option with [8] described there. --MF-W 21:54, 25 February 2016 (UTC)

About new administrator canditate in Armenian Wikipedia[edit]

Hi MF-Warburg, please look this. --Vadgt (talk) 20:25, 27 February 2016 (UTC)

Question[edit]

Hi MF-Warburg, I have a question: If the user violates wikiethics in his home wiki, but in his home wiki he not blocked, then how must be punished. --Vadgt (talk) 15:50, 28 February 2016 (UTC)

Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?[edit]

Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:01, 1 March 2016 (UTC)

Confirmation discussions[edit]

Dear MF-Warburg,

As you probably know, the confirmation discussions for Stewards have been closed. In order to determine the outcome of these discussions, you are invited to comment on Talk:Stewards/Confirm/2016 before scheduled closure of the confirmation section "one week after the appointment of the newly elected stewards" (Sunday 6th of March, 17:22 UTC), though the closing time might be extended at the ElectCom's discretion for an extra week if it is believed "further input is required before concluding". All stewards are welcome to comment, including those newly elected.

For those who ran for confirmation, consider revising comments regarding you, and replying to those where appropriate. Savhñ 08:01, 4 March 2016 (UTC)

Coptic Wikipedia[edit]

Hi! Can you solve this problem, please? Thanks in advance. --Ochilov (talk) 15:05, 9 March 2016 (UTC)

Aldnonymous[edit]

Why this doesn't count? Matiia (talk) 01:00, 19 March 2016 (UTC)

Oops. It seems like I overlooked it in crossactivity because of the default sorting there. On the other hand I'm now thinking "why should a single deletion of an own userpage count?" Hm :/ --MF-W 00:03, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
Strictly speaking, it counts according to policy. That said, he seems to be totally inactive right now. Perhaps return the rights to him if he requests them back within 6 months from that action? Ajraddatz (talk) 00:09, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
That seems like a sensible solution. --MF-W 21:59, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
Sounds fine. :) Matiia (talk) 23:28, 24 March 2016 (UTC)

Add Acces[edit]

@MF-Warburg: Can you give me autopatrolled access, for more contributors automatically patrolled. Thanks AYST201 (talk) 22:16, 23 March 2016 (UTC)

Question about the proposal to close Beta Wikiversity[edit]

Hello!

I hope you are doing fine. I have a question about this: Proposals for closing projects/Move Beta Wikiversity to Incubator#What to do with this proposal?

Looks like the outcome of the poll will be that a new closing proposal must be created. I read the Closing projects policy and to the best of my understanding, the decision to close it belongs to the Language Committee but some people in the comments disagree with that. Is there any way/place to post this question to the Language Committee to get an official position on this matter?

Thank you in advance, Lsanabria (talk) 01:46, 28 March 2016 (UTC)

Hello! I am wondering if you had a chance to look at my question. Your insight on this matter will be really appreciated. Regards, Lsanabria (talk) 15:41, 11 April 2016 (UTC)

Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[edit]

IEG barnstar 2.png

Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.

With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources 15:57, 31 March 2016 (UTC)

E-mail[edit]

Hi! Just letting you know that I have sent an e-mail to you several days ago :) --Ochilov (talk) 15:24, 9 April 2016 (UTC)

I don't have anything from you in my inbox (also not in spam). --MF-W 20:40, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
I have re-sent it just now --Ochilov (talk) 12:31, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
I still dont see anything. Did you use Special:Emailuser or mfwarburg chez googlemail? --MF-W 22:49, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
I have used Special:Emailuser --Ochilov (talk) 12:41, 11 April 2016 (UTC)
Well, I just succeeded in Special:Emailusering myself. I have no idea what is going wrong. --MF-W 20:58, 11 April 2016 (UTC)

Jamaican Wikipedia[edit]

Hi! Is there any news from the Language Commitee regarding the Jamaican Wikipedia? --Katxis (talk) 11:27, 17 April 2016 (UTC)

Sorry for the delay here. There should be a result soon. --MF-W 16:59, 24 April 2016 (UTC)
I would like to thank you personally all your help and pacience regarding the approval of the Jamaican Wikipedia. Also, I would like to ask you if we can continue editing or we shall stop until the Wikipedia is moved? Thank you so much for everything. --Katxis (talk) 07:28, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
Continuing to edit is no problem at all. --MF-W 00:35, 1 May 2016 (UTC)

Ability to edit Simple French Wikipedia[edit]

What steps do I need to edit https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/simple-fr ? I heard that Langcom editing of simple languages has been approved. WhisperToMe (talk) 02:42, 27 April 2016 (UTC)

Tunisian Arabic[edit]

As shown in the new edition of Ethnologue, Tunisian Arabizi (One of the Latin Scripts used for Tunisian) has been recognized as a common script for Tunisian Arabic. As it is the most used script in Internet, we will use it in Wp/aeb. I have slightly modified this method so that it can be converted to Arabic Script. I have created a script converter for Tunisian Arabizi and I will implement it with explanations very soon. However, I need to test it before. So, you are invited to change the name of Tunisian Arabic in Latin Script into Tounsi and change the editing software of Tunisian Arabic Wikipedia into Left to Right format. Thank you in advance. --Csisc (talk) 16:20, 14 May 2016 (UTC)

Unblock[edit]

I can see no valid reason for you to block me.

Can you explain why you have blocked me?


I was blocked by you this weekend, not in 2014 as stated:


Your IP address is in a range which has been blocked on all wikis. The block was made by MF-Warburg (meta.wikimedia.org). The reason given is Open proxy: + 108.59.13.41; real users, converting to soft block. Start of block: 23. jul. 2014 kl. 00:01 Expiration of block: 1. des. 2018 kl. 02:27 You can contact MF-Warburg to discuss the block. You cannot use the "E-post til denne brukeren" feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences and you have not been blocked from using it. Your current IP address is 108.59.8.239, and the blocked range is 108.59.0.0/20. Please include all above details in any queries you make.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 108.59.8.239 (talk) Rssäl 20:07, 24 July 2016 (UTC)


Your IP address is in a range which has been blocked on all wikis. The block was made by MF-Warburg (meta.wikimedia.org). The reason given is Open proxy: + 108.59.13.41; real users, converting to soft block. Start of block: 22:01, 22 July 2014 Expiration of block: 00:27, 1 December 2018 You can contact MF-Warburg to discuss the block. You cannot use the "Email this user" feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences and you have not been blocked from using it. Your current IP address is 108.59.14.72, and the blocked range is 108.59.0.0/20. Please include all above details in any queries you make.

You are currently unable to edit Wikipedia. You are still able to view pages, but you are not currently able to edit, move, or create them. Editing from 108.59.0.0/20 has been blocked (disabled) by DeltaQuad for the following reason(s): Server-multiple.svgThe IP address that you are currently using has been blocked because it is believed to be a web host provider or colocation provider.

You are not blocked by me at all. It is rather the IP which was currently assigned to you is in a block of open proxies which were used for spamming. However, the block set by me affects only anonymous users. However there is an additional block on the English Wikipedia which also affects logged-in users. Please make your request for that block to be changed at the Unblock Ticket system of en.wiki. --MF-W 13:57, 26 July 2016 (UTC)

Uhh....[edit]

What does irrelevant mean? --174.53.34.144 12:24, 16 August 2016 (UTC)

See en:wikt:irrelevant. Specifically, Talk:Admin activity review is the talk page related to a process for removing admins because of inactivity, while the text you posted there was referring to problem with admins' activities. --MF-W 16:43, 16 August 2016 (UTC)

Changes & translations of diq.wiki on translatewiki.net[edit]

Dear MF-Warburg! Change war and vandalism of Kumkumuk alias Erdemaslancan on diq.wiki is unbearable. He is not a native speaker. He's probably a Kurdish spy to sabotage and ruin the Zazaki project for years. Please do something immediately against him. Best regards! -- Mirzali (talk) 08:06, 3 September 2016 (UTC)

Dear MF-Warburg!
Nemo didn't done his work, when I asked him about that Kumkumuk is Erdemaslancan and he ruined the whole zazaki project. Instead he has blocked me for one year. It is neither an insult nor an attack on Kumkumuk (a sockpuppet of Erdemaslancan), but entirely the truth. Nemo must unblock me again. He abused his obligation. That's not fair. He has to block him not me. Best regard! -- Mirzali (talk) 12:00, 9 September 2016 (UTC)

PCP[edit]

Hallo. I wonder if we could get some PCP proposals up to internal discussion on langcom-l and act upon them? There's a bit of a backlog there. I sent an email to the langcom some time ago, but it was held for moderation and I didn't received any followup later. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio 07:39, 20 September 2016 (UTC)

I will prepare something. I expect to have some things ready by the weekend. --MF-W 22:55, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
Thank you. Regards, —MarcoAurelio 06:23, 22 September 2016 (UTC)

request for new language/mk-wikinews[edit]

Hi. Can you check the request for macedonian wikinews? Thank you very much! --M4r51n (talk) 20:54, 20 October 2016 (UTC)

Done. What do you wish to know? For approval of a new subdomain, it would be necessary that there is a continuous activity on the Incubator test-project from several users over at least several months. --MF-W 04:31, 21 October 2016 (UTC)

Announcing a new mailing list for Meta-Wiki administrators[edit]

Hello!

As a regular administrator on Meta-Wiki, you're allowed to subscribe to the recently created metawiki-admins mailing list. This is a closed mailing list for announcements, asking for help and discussion between Meta-Wiki administrators. If you wish to subscribe, please fill the form at this page and then contact Savh or MarcoAurelio via Special:EmailUser using your administrator account so they can verify the authenticity of your request and address. You'll find more information on the mailing list description page. Should you have any doubts or questions, feel free to contact any of us. We hope that this tool is useful for all.

Best regards,
-- MarcoAurelio and Savh 12:31, 9 November 2016 (UTC)
Mailing list administrators for metawiki-admins mailing list.

Message sent to members of Meta:Administrators/Mass-message list. Please see there to subscribe or unsubscribe from further mass messages directed to the whole group of administrators.

Account globally locked[edit]

You have globally locked my account without any warning or providing any information as to how I may get it unlocked. Please can you supply this. (User:Timrollpickering) 95.150.143.77 10:22, 16 November 2016 (UTC)

I see you are already unlocked. --MF-W 22:20, 16 November 2016 (UTC)

No renaming between November 20 and November 27[edit]

Hi,

You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.

We ask that you do not rename anyone between 00:00 November 20 (UTC) and 00:00 November 27 (UTC).

(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)

Phabricator task.

If there are any problems related to this, or you have any questions, please write me on my talk page. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:39, 17 November 2016 (UTC)

Periodic blocks of AT&T phone IP range[edit]

I am among the users of AT&T mobile phones who are being denied edit-access every few days due to questionable IP-range blocks which you have made during the past month. This time, the block prevented edits for cell phone "current IP address is 107.77.236.50, and the blocked range is 107.77.236.0/24" which seems it would allow edits by *.*.*.50, but the block again had exceeded *.*.*.24 to disable higher than IP *.24 on all wikis, disabling edits on enwiki, dewiki, eswiki, meta, Simple WP, etc. Please stop blocking these IP ranges every week. -Wikid77 (talk) 15:17, 25 November 2016 (UTC)

I am not blocking them for fun, but because they are abused by vandals and worse people. For how ranges work, please see mw:Help:Range_blocks - a /24 block does not mean that only IPs ending in 24 or lower are blocked. You might want to get an IP block exempt if this happens to you frequently. --MF-W 16:03, 25 November 2016 (UTC)

Reversion of this [9][edit]

Sir, why you reverted this[10]?--Zaheeruddin25 (talk) 05:09, 30 November 2016 (UTC)

Because the template "New language proposal" is outdated. Its successor "New wiki request" is already on the page. --MF-W 20:36, 30 November 2016 (UTC)

Mirzali@diq.wikipedia[edit]

Lieber MF-Warburg!

Ich bin einer der Mitbegründer der Zazaki Wikipedia, die nun seit 2006 besteht. Am Anfang waren wir zu dritt, nämlich ich, Asmen und Xoser (Xoser ist seit 2014 nicht mehr aktiv).

Schon damals war Gomada (ein Kurde, kein Zaza) gegen die Eröffnung des Zazaki Projektes, weil er als ein kurdischer Aktivist das Zazaki als einen Dialekt des Kurdischen betrachtet. Er hat von Anfang an die sogenannten Kurdisten gegen uns mobilisiert. Dies ist lediglich eine politische Ansicht oder Absicht, die natürlich durch keine sprachwissenschaftliche These vertrettbar ist.

Den Unterschied zwischen Zazaki und Kurdisch kann man in etwa wie das Niederländische mit dem Deutschen vergleichen. Wenn nicht sogar noch viel mehr besteht der Unterschied zwischen den beiden Sprachen, so dass die Sprecher der einen Sprache die Sprecher der anderen Sprache gar nicht verstehen können. Ihre Verständigung untereinander ist nur durch eine zweite Fremdsprache, sprich in Türkisch, Deutsch oder Englisch möglich.

Zwischen den Zazas selbst besteht eine Zweilagerkluft, die konfessionell bedingt ist. Somit ist eine kulturelle und sprachliche Barriere zwischen ihnen entstanden. Die Nord-Zazas, welche den Nord-Dialekt (Kirmanjki, kiu) des Zazaki sprechen, sind Aleviten. Die Süd-Zazas dagegen, welche den Süd-Dialekt (Dimli, diq) des Zazaki sprechen, sind Sunniten.

Ich und Asmen stammen aus dem nördlichen, Xoser, Erdemaslancan und Vuzorg) stammen aus dem südlichen Gebiet des zazaischen Sprachraumes.

Nun, ist unser Konflikt zweierlei entfacht. Einerseits sind es die Kurden oder Kurdisten (Gomada & Co.) und andererseits sind es die Süddialektler (Xoser, Erdemaslancan etc.), die das Zazaki gänzlich für sich in Anspruch nehmen wollen. Die ersteren missbrauchen es wegen ihrer politischen Absichten und die letzteren wegen der kulturellen Unterschiede. Und beide Seiten beherrschen weder Zazaki im Allgemeinen (als Makrosprache, zza) noch eine der Einzeldialekte, geschweige denn sie grammatikalisch und orthographisch richtig zu schreiben.

Wir (ich, Asmen und Vuzorg) dagegen vertreten die Erhaltung einer eigenständigen Zaza-Sprache mit all ihren Dialekten und Mundarten. Wir sind der Ansicht, dass die Zazaki Wikipedia ohne Sicheinmischen der Kurden und ohne Zwietracht der Dialektler weit mehr vorangekommen wäre. Denn wir haben durch die ganzen Streitigkeiten bislang sehr viel wertvolle Zeit verloren. Zu alldem ist das Zazaki vom aussterben bedroht. Aus dem Grunde gibt es ganz wenige Leute, die es wirklich in Wort und Schrift beherrschen. Und auch deswegen haben wir nur wenige aktive Leute in Zazaki Wikipedia. Es erfordert uns also noch mehr Anstrengung um unsere Sprache. Wir währen uns gerade deswegen so wehement gegen jede Störung außerhalb und wollen all die Verzerrungen und Befremdung der Sprache verhindern.

P.S.: Die o. g. konfessionelle Religiösität ist vielmehr traditionell zu betrachten und dementsprechend ist die Mentalität der jeweiligen Angehörigen geprägt. Es gibt allerdings keine Tendenz zum islamischen Fundamentalismus oder gar politischen Islamismus. Zumindest ist es aus alevitischer Hinsicht sehr liberal. Dagegen sind die Sunniten noch etwas konservativer. Wobei in der jugendlichen Bevölkerung mittlerweile auch Atheisten aus beiden Konfessionen gibt.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen! -- Mirzali (talk) 13:39, 1 December 2016 (UTC)

Sehr geehrter MF-Wartburg, ich kann Mirzali nur zustimmen und seine Erläuterungen bestätigen. Als Linguist und Doktorand, der sich seit 1994 mit der Zaza-Sprache beschäftigt, kenne ich keine sprachwissenschaftliche Begründung, dass das Zazaki unter dem Kurdischen einzustufen wäre. Kurmanci als das Nordkurdische und dem Zazaki im Gegensatz zu den anderen beiden kurdischen Sprachen am nächsten stehende, stehen sich im etwaigen Verhältnis wie das Deutsche zum Englischen oder Dänischen. Leider ist durch die jahrzehnte lange repressive Sprachpolitik der Türkei und der militaristisch geprägten Widerstandsbewegungen und Politisierungen in den Köpfen der Menschen dort ein Wirrwarr entstanden, was die Identität und die politischen Ausrichtungen angeht. Zur unseren Angelegenheit zurückzukommen, bietet Wikipedia eine exzellente Möglichkeit zum Spracherhalt. Wir möchten rein wissenschaftlich vorgehen und die als gefährdet eingestufte Zaza-Sprache weiterhin ohne Hindernisse und gemeinsam mit kompetenten Autoren pflegen. Mirzali ist der einzige sprachlich und technisch, in beiden Punkten kompetente unter den ganzen Autoren. Im gebührt daher die Ernennung zum Sysop. Mit besten Grüßen. --asmên 10:36, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Vielen Dank für diese interessanten Erklärungen. Ich muss allerdings gestehen, dass ich nicht ganz verstanden habe, warum das jetzt die Erklärung dafür ist, dass die "Embassy" genutzt wurde und nicht etwa eine "Requests-for-adminship"-Seite. Abgesehen davon: Könnte man den Konflikt zwischen Nord und Süd nicht dadurch lösen, dass die eine Seite diq.wikipedia benutzt, die andere kiu.wp (derzeit noch im Incubator), entsprechend den ISO-639-3-Codes? --MF-W 19:32, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Verehrter MF-Wartburg, mit der von mir gemeinten Erklärung wollte ich die Lage der Zaza-Sprache Ihnen näher erläutern, damit Sie ein Bild von der prekären Situation haben. Wir hatten für unsere Angelegenheiten früher das "Portalê Cemaeti" (Community portal) genutzt. Die "Embassy" wurde vor einigen Jahren von unserem dritten Freund Xoser eröffnet, in dem er es vom "Portalê Cemaeti" abtrennte, dessen Inhalt auf Englisch geschrieben war. Eine "Requests-for-adminship"-Seite haben wir nun mal nicht. Aber dies sollte kein Hindernis für Ihre Entscheidung darüber darstellen. Oder? Wir haben uns nun mal soviele Jahre für diq.wikipedia eingesetzt, so dass Artikeln in Nord- und Süd-Zazaki gleichermaßen vertreten sind. Wir haben sogar den Artikeln mit kurdischem Alphabet zugestimmt. Solange kiu.wp nicht freigeschaltet wird, können wir die diversen schriftlichen Beiträge/Artikeln nicht separieren. -- Mirzali (talk) 22:04, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Nein, das ist kein Hindernis. Ich habe mich nur gewundert, wieso man für community-interne Entscheidungen eine Embassy-Seite nutzt, die explizit ausgewiesen ist als eine Hilfeseite für Nicht-Zaza-Sprecher. Solange aber die Community weiß, wo ihre Diskussionen stattfinden, ist das ja ein eher kosmetisches Problem.
kiu.wp kann natürlich eingerichtet werden, wenn das Test-Wiki im Incubator aktiv ist. --MF-W 13:45, 3 December 2016 (UTC)

angWS issues and main pages[edit]

Hi ho. Hope all is well. I have poked an issue about angWS at Stewards' noticeboard. From memory it is one of the areas that you have experience. I hope that you can assist. Thanks.  — billinghurst sDrewth 02:05, 4 December 2016 (UTC)

Done. Best regards --MF-W 01:04, 5 December 2016 (UTC)

Request for new language[edit]

Hey MF-W, I wasn't sure how to "re-open" a request for a new language so I just deleted the old template and created a new one with a new rationale on the same page: Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Atikamekw. Let me know if I should have done differently. Also your comments are welcomed. Thanks, Amqui (talk) 17:28, 19 December 2016 (UTC)

Dellieplagiat[edit]

Hallo. Könnten Sie den Bot neu starten, bitte? Vielen Dank. MfG. —MarcoAurelio 19:19, 19 December 2016 (UTC)

Versuchen kann ichs mal. --MF-W 12:06, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
Have you tried to submit the job to the grid engine using -l release=trusty ? Maybe the error message can give you further information. —MarcoAurelio 22:11, 21 December 2016 (UTC)
Honestly I don't even know why it failed or when it last ran. I haven't got round to logging into Labs so far :( --MF-W 19:58, 28 December 2016 (UTC)

Translation Pages of Steward Elections[edit]

Hello, I do not know if you have any information about when the pages of the steward elections will be ready to translate, I say it because I do not want to translate it into my language so that in the end they are deleted and my work do not serve anything. Regards. 20px Alvaro Molina (Let's Talk) 19:50, 28 December 2016 (UTC)

I hope it'll be worked out by tomorrow or so. The only translatable page at the moment is Stewards/Elections 2017/Guidelines, which you already translated completely. It will probably be deleted / changed into using a template. Sorry for causing you double work; the pages should not have been marked for translation. At the new pages I'm creating, I'm restricting translations to German only (for testing) until it is somewhat final. --MF-W 19:57, 28 December 2016 (UTC)

Help[edit]

Hi, i need/request global block for IP adrees 109.92.171.133 ‎Behind that addres is hidden known sockmaster w:en:User:Velebit[11][12][13] Beside this IP address, he contributes from ranges 178.221.128.0/19 , 178.222.128.0/19 , 109.92.171.133, 109.93.65.219 -- Bojan  Talk  02:58, 30 December 2016 (UTC)

The IP doesnt seem to edit currently. --MF-W 03:00, 30 December 2016 (UTC)
OK, but what we should do_ He uses same IP adrees for several days -- Bojan  Talk  03:03, 30 December 2016 (UTC)

Apologies and Best Wishes !![edit]

Very Sorry Dear MF-W :(
Best Wishes, MF-Warburg!
Hi MF-Warburg, I apologies and really sorry for my past activities. Also, I wish you and your loved ones Happy New Year 2017. Dear, Have a great time !! Face-smile.svgTBhagat (talk) 03:52, 31 December 2016 (UTC)
Happy New Year 2017