Grants:Project/Rapid/WBG/Awareness video for Bengali Wikisource/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- The creation of video was succesfully completed within deadline, but as we did not have any money left for promotion, we could not achieve the necessary target. For detailed progress summary, please check here.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Create 1 short duration (3-5 minutes) awareness video about Bengali Wikisource.||2 short films were created and 1 film was created by combining these two videos.|
|At least 10,000 views in Youtube for the video.||We didn't have any money left for promotion.|
|25% increase of new editors.||The data can only be updated on November 1, 2018, when it can be retrieved from stats.wikimedia.org.||https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/bn.wikisource.org/contributing/new-registered-users/normal|
|25% increase of siteviews.||3.88% increase of siteviews compared to last month.||We didn't have any money left for promotion.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- First ever awareness films for any language Wikisource project have been produced.
- The collaboration with the film production team was satisfactory. The Bengali Wikisource team and the film production team interacted many times with each other about the plot and script before the shoot happened.
- Two separate short films were produced instead of one.
- 2160p 4K video quality has been ensured.
- User:SGill (WMF), Community Outreach Coordinator (India), Wikimedia Foundation from the New Readers team was always there for any help needed. Thanks a lot, buddy!
- User:Lahariyaniyathi, User:Tito (CIS-A2K) and User:Gopala Krishna A from CIS-A2K helped a lot to ensure that the film production team receive the reimbursement of the expenditure for the film. Thanks!
- What did not work so well?
- As we had applied for rapid grant, we couldn't hire celebrity actors to act in this film due to money constraints.
- We didn't have any money left for film promotion, so the target for film promotion could not be achieved.
- We didn't receive money from CIS-A2K before the video shoot happened, so we had to pay the film production team from our own.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We will ask for project grant next time, if we plan to hire celebrity actors in this kind of short film, as rapid grant will not be sufficient enough to pay them.
- We have faced difficulty in receiving money through CIS-A2K, next time, we will ask WMF to directly send the money to respective persons.
- We will ask for more fund to promote the film next time, as it was very difficult to manage promotion within rapid grant.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Item||Quantity||Rate||Amount (in INR)||Amount (in USD)|
|Transportation – Production vehicles||2||850||1700||23.8|
|Transportation – Actors||3||500||1500||21|
|Costumes and Props||1||2000||2000||28|
|Director – Ishan Sharma||1||7000||7000||98|
|Cinematographer – Sukhansaar Singh||1||7000||7000||98|
|Executive Producer – Aryaman Nath||1||7000||7000||98|
|Sound Director – Sukrit Sen||1||7000||7000||98|
|Focus Puller – Theodros Tadesse||1||1500||1500||21|
|Assistant Director – Sneha Das||1||3000||3000||42|
|Editor – Himanshu Kamble||1||7000||7000||98|
|Edit Studio + Machine||6||1500||9000||126|
|Colorist – Pankaj Nelson||1||7000||7000||98|
|Hard Disk 1 TB for offline edit||1||3800||3800||53.2|
|Sound Studio – Dubbing||2||2000||4000||56|
|Actor – Sujan Ghosh||1||2000||2000||28|
|Actor – Suavo Mukherjee||1||1500||1500||21|
|Actor – Ritam Sarkar||1||500||500||7|
|Actor – Raja Chakravorty||1||2000||2000||28|
|Actor – Shrabanti Bhattacharya||1||1500||1500||21|
|Actor – Avinash||1||1500||1500||21|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- No, we do not have any remaining funds. We have asked for INR 10,000 from CIS-A2K for promotion of the films.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
The short films created under tjis project can be found below -
দুনিয়া যখন দোরগোড়ায়