Talk:Wikimedians of Slovakia
But many participators don´t agree with arguments, approaches and persons around founding Wikimedia SR. Most people don´t see need for this. Simply - there is no public need, it was mainly one man initiative with very, very few participants. --Rádiológ 14:29, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
- 1 Founding
- 2 Bibliotéka, Bratislava
- 3 Participators
- 4 WM SK
- 5 Wikimedia Conference 2012
- 6 Wikimedia LGBT
- 7 Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2016/Needs
- 8 Registration for CEE Meeting 2018: less than a week left!
- 9 Learning Quarterly: November 2018
- 10 2018 Affiliations Committee call for candidates
- 11 New Affiliations Committee appointments
- 12 Help us make Wikipedia talk pages more accessible to more participants
- 13 Call for complementary facilitators and more to get the ASBS 2019 process started!
- 14 Update on the Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process
- 15 Update about the Affiliate-selected Board seats process 2019
- 16 Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process: your representative
- 17 Upcoming 2019 Affiliate-selected trustee position on the Board of Wikimedia Foundation
- 18 Introducing Wikimedia Space: A platform for movement news and organizations
Dozvěděl jsem se, že jste už byli schváleni ministerstevem a že tedy existujete. Jako zakládající člen WM CZ vám blahopřeju a přeju vám, aby vaše porodní bolesti byly menší, než ty naše. --Pavel Hrdlička 20:21, 27 December 2011 (UTC) (cs:Packa)
Ono se jistě ještě ukáže, k čemu je to dobré, snad dřív než později. Teď by bylo jen třeba, aby všichni táhli za jeden konec provazu, ne za dva či tři opačné. Také gratulace, a pozdrav, -jkb- 00:33, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
Na Světu knihy 2011 jsem mluvil s lidmi z Bibliotéky, kteří projevili zájem o stánek Wikipedie na Slovensku. Možná by se dali nakontaktovat (můžete se na mě odkázat a na tuto událost) a vyjednat s nimi stánek na Bibliotéce k prezentaci slovenských projektů WMF a navazování nových kontaktů.
Ten veletrh je zajímavý tím, že se spojuje knižní veletrh se vzdělávacím. Zde se dá navázat spolupráce se školami. Pokud do toho půjdete vzpomeňte na okolní státy - myslím, že Maďaři, Poláci a Češi vám rádi zašlou nějaké materiály v těchto jazycích.
Rád vám i poskytnu informace týkající se organizace našeho vystoupení na Světu knihy.--Juandev 16:04, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
- Ahoj Juan, no momentálne sa nachádzame vo fáze prípravy prvého valného zhromaždenia a zakladáme bankové účty a každý sa snaží pripraviť taký skromný projekt. Pokiaľ by nám pribudol nejaký aktívny člen, ktorý by to prevzal, tak určite, s radosťou. Ďakujeme za ponuku. Rudko 23:03, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
- Opravte si prosím text v tejto časti. Nie všetci slovenskí redaktori v nej uvedení boli naklonení vašej pobočkovej myšlienke. Vďaka. --Bubamara 19:54, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
- Bubamara podielali ste sa na diskusiách o vzniku (a boli ste proti). Tak je to v tej sekcii uvedené. Ani informácia redaktora Radiológ, nie je celkom správna, pobočku nezakladal jeden ale sú traja zakladajúci členovia a okrem toho tento zámer podporuje viacero zahraničných redaktorov, ktorý majú päťciferné editačné stavy. Pätciferné to je toľko ako Ty + Bronto + Radiológ dohromady. Ak chcete niečo meniť, tak nech sa páči. S pozdravom Rudko 22:56, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
- Mohol by si my povedať, kde píšem, že pobočku zakladal jeden? Píšem, že to bol návrh jedného s veľmi malým počtom (a to som bol ešte slušný) záujemcov. Zahraniční podporovatelia a ich edity sú nepodstatné, je to slovenská pobočka, ktorá má pomáhať slovenskej wikipédii (inak na to som teda veľmi zvedavý). To by sme sa mohli potom na tejto úrovni baviť i o tvojich editoch, že? Apropo, všetci vyššie menovaní majú päťciferné editačné stavy, pričom Bronto sa už blíži k číslu 100 000. --Rádiológ 23:34, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
Ahoj, opožděně gratuluji k založení pobočky Wikimedia SK. Prohlížel jsem si nějaké vaše dlouhodobé cíle a domnívám se, že s celou řadou věcí bychom vám my z Wikimedia ČR byli schopni pomoci nebo poradit. Nechci se nijak vnucovat, ale třeba by nebylo špatné se pro začátek aspoň domluvit na nějakém konferenčním hovoru - rádi uslyšíme vaše plány a můžeme se pokusit navázat nějakou hlubší spolupráci. Koneckonců, my se zase učíme od Němců, kteří jsou s organizací pobočky o krok dál, než my.
Tak co na to říkáte? S pozdravem --Vojtech.dostal 22:55, 5 February 2012 (UTC) (řadový člen WM CZ)
- Kdyžtak se ozvěte na mém cs.wiki účtu (Vojtech.dostal). --Vojtech.dostal 22:13, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
Wikimedia Conference 2012
|Wikimedia LGBT+ is a proposed thematic organization that seeks to promote the development of content on Wikimedia projects which is of interest to LGBT+ communities. Proposed activities include outreach at LGBT events, Wikimania and other Wikimedia events, an international campaign called Wiki Loves Pride, and work on safe space policies, among other collaborations and interwiki projects. Active Wikimedians are welcome to join this cause! Please consider adding your name as a participant/supporter. Current tasks include translating pages, building a strong framework here at Meta, and achieving user group status (with the eventual goal of becoming a thematic organization). Your feedback is welcome on the discussion page.|
Hello there! We are going to have the fifth annual Wikimedia CEE Meeting in Armenia. In order to prepare the programme, we need your input about some questions and needs you (as an affiliate or community) have. You can also share something working (or not) for you. Could you please add the info to the page? Thank you! --Lord Bumbury (talk) 13:32, 24 April 2016 (UTC)
Registration for CEE Meeting 2018: less than a week left!
We would like to remind you that the registration for CEE Meeting 2018 is closing on 10 August.
Wikimedia CEE Meeting (Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe Meeting) is an annual meeting of Wikimedians of the region. This year it will be hosted in Lviv, Ukraine, from 13 to 15 October 2018. The event page is here : Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018
Our conference budget allows to fund two people from Wikimedians of Slovakia User Group (full package with travel, accommodation, meals and other fees). In addition, you can delegate more people, but their costs will have to be covered by your user group. The registration page is here : Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Participants
- Could you please confirm that you are working on selection of participants from your user group and that you will be able to register them by 10 August?
We are looking forward to seeing representatives of your user group in Lviv!
- @NickK: Thank you for checking in. Yes, we are sending representatives to Lviv. I already sent you an email. :) CEE you soon!--Jetam2 (talk) 22:29, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
Learning Quarterly: November 2018
L&E Newsletter / Volume 5 / Issue 17 / November 2018
Leave your mark on Meta!
AffCom corner and Wikimania Poster session
The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!
The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.
The committee can include up to fifteen members, roughly half of whom are selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms. Those joining the committee during the current process will serve a two-year term ending in December 2020.
- Key skills
Being a part of the Affiliations Committee requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We look for a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members, including the following key skills and experience:
- Willingness to process applications through a set, perhaps bureaucratic process.
- Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliation, and similar topics.
- Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly two-hour voice/video meeting.
- International orientation.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
- Strong understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organizing are a plus.
- Skills in other languages are a major plus.
- Experience with or in an active affiliate is a major plus.
- Strong track record of effective collaboration (such as evidenced skills at facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and so forth) are a major plus.
- Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
We are looking for people who are excited by the challenge of empowering volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world. In exchange, committee members selected will gain the experience of supporting their world-wide colleagues to develop their communities as well as personal development in guiding organizational development, facilitating affiliate partnerships, and professional communications.
- Selection process
As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2018 member selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications received by the committee will be posted on Meta at Affiliations Committee/Candidates/December 2018, and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.
At the end of the public comment period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee who are not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, Wikimedia Foundation staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made by mid-January 2019, with new members expected to join later that month.
- How to apply
If you are interested in joining the committee, please post your application on the nomination page and send an email announcing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2018. Your application must include the following information:
- Your full name and Wikimedia username
- A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee.
- Answers to the following three questions:
- How do you think affiliates work best together to partner on effective projects and initiatives?
- What do you see as the role of affiliates in the Wikimedia movement in the next three years?
- What do you feel you will bring to the committee that makes you a uniquely qualified candidate?
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!
Chair, Affiliations Committee
New Affiliations Committee appointments
AffCom is excited to share with you the news that the Wikimedia Foundation Board has unanimously approved the changes to the Bylaws during the last Board meeting on January 30, 2019.
This change allows the participation of User Groups in the Affiliate-selected Board seats (ASBS) 2019 process.
To read the Board's announcement, please click here
Help us make Wikipedia talk pages more accessible to more participants
Our team at the Wikimedia Foundation is working on a project to improve the ease-of-use and productivity of wiki talk pages. As an affiliate, I can imagine you’ve run into challenges explaining talk pages to first-time participants, or it is an consultation that would interest your members.
We want all contributors to be able to talk to each other on the wikis – to ask questions, to resolve differences, to organize projects and to make decisions. Communication is essential for the depth and quality of our content, and the health of our communities.
We're currently leading a global consultation on how to improve talk pages, and we're looking for groups that can discuss and report on their experiences using (or helping other people to use) wiki talk pages. We'd like to invite you to participate, with the user groups that you belong to. You can learn more about the consultation at Mediawiki.org and if you're interested in hosting a group discussion (on-wiki or off-wiki), you can sign up at the participant sign-up group.
If you’d like to participate or if you have any questions, please contact us and let us know. The more people participate from many horizons, the better the outcome will be.
Thank you! Trizek (WMF) 15:29, 8 March 2019 (UTC)
Call for complementary facilitators and more to get the ASBS 2019 process started!
Hi everyone, hope all is fine with you!
The next weeks will be intense, as affiliates figure out their participation in the process that will soon select 2 people for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. Since new Bylaws established that the user groups are for the first time going to be involved in such process, a lot more support than before is certainly going to be necessary, among other things, for big and healthy conversations on the topic. Hence, please encourage members of your group to become a complementary facilitator, or sign up yourself! You can add yourself to the list on Meta or reply to me to flag availability. One person from the facilitators group should soon be selected to liaise with the Foundation Board’s Chair, María Sefidari, on behalf of all affiliates, and it may be wise to also find a deputy for them.
Finally, if you can think of any huge obstacles that would prevent your group from participating to the process (for instance, a language barrier, or lack of good decision-making mechanisms, etc.), please reach out to me directly: it is really important that we hear about them as early as possible. Thank you! Elitre (WMF) 15:23, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
Update on the Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process
The Election Facilitators met on Friday, April 5. We finalized the resolution, which is now frozen. The Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation will be asked to approve the resolution.
We have made two small changes to be more inclusive. We extended the date for compliance with AffCom reporting and being in good standing to May 7 to allow time for as many Affiliates as possible to be current with these requirements. The Election Facilitators adjusted the language in case a quorum is not met during the election.
On the talk page of the resolution one issue was raised. The issue looks like to be about a possible candidate. Affiliates will have ample time to discuss the merits of candidates during nomination time, screening time, and they can cast their votes on candidates. The Election Facilitators didn't see the necessity for this change, and left the resolution on this point unchanged.
The Election Facilitators will be Abhinav Srivastava, Lane Rasberry, Jeffrey Keefer, Ad Huikeshoven, Neal McBurnett and Alessandro Marchetti. We will welcome more volunteers to assist us in this process, to reach out to the diversity in language and gender in our communities, and do so in an advisory role.
The nomination period opens on April 15. We are going to prepare nomination pages on Meta. You can expect a call for nominations. There is a draft call, including a candidates' profile section with non-binding guidelines about experience and characteristics for nominees. You are welcome to add your insights, or discuss on the talk page.
Erica Litrenta (WMF staff) supports us in this process. She will reach out to all affiliates through mail and other channels to make sure we are up to date with (user)name and contact details of your primary contact.
On behalf of the Election Facilitators, Ad Huikeshoven 10:52, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
Update about the Affiliate-selected Board seats process 2019
- The Resolution has been approved by the Board of Trustees;
- Nominations phase is now open, from April 15 00:00 UTC to April 30 23:59 UTC. See the Call for Candidates and Nominations pages;
- Community members may ask questions of the candidates;
- Your main representative has just received an email to confirm that they are indeed the primary contact and will perform official actions on behalf of your group (such as endorsing candidates and then voting). Some groups also need to verify their eligibility status in due time, as explained in the email;
- New content is available to spread awareness around the process - the infographic on this page has clickable links and can be translated, and a primer is available, that we hope will be particularly helpful to those new to such a process;
- Finally, you are welcome to help with translations! Pick one page from the ASBS category and, in the next couple of weeks, please consider translating profiles of the candidates in particular.
Thanks for your attention! The Facilitators for ASBS 2019, 07:33, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process: your representative
Hello. The name of the only person who will vote on behalf of this group to select the next two Board members is now at m:Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Eligible entities. Please contact me directly as soon as possible if you need any kind of corrections there. There's only a few hours left to endorse candidates, and only the official voter can do that. I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can make a difference with the necessary translations.
Appreciate your attention and your support so far! Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 12:15, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
Upcoming 2019 Affiliate-selected trustee position on the Board of Wikimedia Foundation
Greetings Wikimedians of Slovakia,
My name is Gerald Shields, also known as user:Geraldshields11. I am asking for your top rank vote for me in the election for one of two open trustee positions on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
I am asking for your vote to help support emerging communities and promote an inclusive education environment on all wiki projects. Also, I plan to promote various other issues as I mention in my statement and answers to various questions. I ask that you show your support for the issues that need to be address by voting for me as one of your preferences.
My candidacy information page is Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Nominations/Gerald Shields on Meta or can be found at Gerald Shields candidate. I have responded to the “Questions for all candidates - Questions for this individual candidate that do not apply to other candidates”. My answers give more details on why your affiliate should vote for me.
Thank you for your time, discussion, and consideration of my candidacy. I appreciate it.
My best regards,
- Thank you for your organization's vote during the 2019 trustee election. With your organization's, Igbo's, and AfroCrowd's votes, I was able to score better than expected. Geraldshields11 (talk) 18:00, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
Introducing Wikimedia Space: A platform for movement news and organizations
Hi Wikimedians of Slovakia,
I’m writing to let you know that the Community Engagement department at the Wikimedia Foundation is launching a new platform, Wikimedia Space. Here, you will find stories for and by contributors to the Wikimedia movement, and a space for discussions of different topics.
We know that finding information about Wikimedia activities and processes is very complicated, which makes the learning curve to enter our movement and be successful afterwards, really steep. By centralizing community stories and conversations in one shared space, we believe we are facilitating access and discoverability of topics across the movement, improving, in turn, connections among Wikimedians.
As an affiliated organization to the Wikimedia Foundation, we hope that you can share this platform with your local community, and we count on you to encourage them to add their voices. If you’d like to contribute stories, and overall, participate in the discussion section, please read our blogging guidelines and our code of conduct and join the conversation. Find more information about the project on its page on Meta.
Looking forward to seeing you at Wikimedia Space,
María Cruz, Communications and Outreach Manager, Wikimedia Foundation.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:53, 25 June 2019 (UTC)