User talk:Geraki

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Thank you ;-) --Aphaia 10:33, 23 December 2006 (UTC)

Privacy policy[edit]

Thank you. If you have a time, please give a look to Translation requests/WMF/disclaimer too? Again, thanks! --Aphaia 17:15, 11 May 2007 (UTC)

P.S. Would you be interested in editing it directly?

Yes, Ι will look at it later. Geraki 17:21, 11 May 2007 (UTC)

Hmmm, I got the mail as follows:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

I'm afraid you failed to get password...--Aphaia 13:56, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
Sent to gmail. Please respond me as quick as you get it. Cheers, --Aphaia 00:04, 17 May 2007 (UTC)


Ψιτ, εδώ είμαι κι εγώ, μετέφρασα αυτό, ρίξε μια ματιά. Τσίαρς - Badseed 07:44, 6 October 2007 (UTC)

Okay, done! Ρίξε κι εσύ μια ματιά αν προλάβεις πριν τα ανεβάσουν (τα έβαλα finished). Έχω κάνει και τα υπόλοιπα testimonials. Τι μένει ακόμα; Να τα μοιράσουμε αν είναι να τελειώσουν μέχρι τρίτη-τετάρτη - Badseed 04:16, 30 October 2007 (UTC)

Christos anesti! and thank you for your translation!! --Aphaia 14:28, 28 April 2008 (UTC)

User language box translation[edit]

Hello Geraki. Thank you very much for (indirectly) translating {{user language}}. The template has recently been changed to add two new levels, 0 and 4 (see detailed descriptions). Please update Template:User language/el:

  • 0: this user cannot read or write Ελληνικά.
  • 4: this user can contribute at a near-native level in Ελληνικά. —{admin} Pathoschild 22:43:43, 24 March 2008 (UTC)


Nice to see you around. Just I want to say you Hello :) --Aphaia 20:26, 14 October 2008 (UTC)

"About Wikimedia" phrase translation[edit]

Hi! How should be Greek version of the category names "About Wikimedia" and "Policy" (as category itemizes policies set up by the foundation)? --Kaganer 15:44, 11 November 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for help;)
For advanced help - try complete translation of Fundraising_2009/core_messages/el (and create wmf:Support_Wikipedia/el after this). Furthermore "core_messages" for this form need also translation following additional phrases:
  • Donate by credit card
  • Donate via PayPal
  • Other ways to give
  • For more information about our non-profit status, our Annual Report, or other questions, click here.
  • To give to a local Wikimedia chapter, click here.
  • To give using IE6 or last year's form, please click here.
(maybe able to using translations from Fundraising 2008/core messages/el) --Kaganer 16:11, 12 November 2009 (UTC)

Thanks! Also need create template wmf:Template:2009/Header-links/el (based on wmf:Template:2009/Header-links/en). --Kaganer 23:29, 13 November 2009 (UTC)

Translator, We need you![edit]

Dear Geraki,

You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.

Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.

If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.

Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon (User:Jseddon (WMF))

Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Jseddon (WMF) 00:48, 9 July 2011 (UTC)


The local community should ask for this person's sysop flag to be removed. Administrators should be people to look up to; they should not be cheating the rules. As a steward I find this person's behavior very disturbing. Let me know if I can help at all. I think checkuser should still be done to see if any other violations have taken place. fr33kman 18:26, 3 October 2011 (UTC)

I have done the checkuser and the results show a large amount of abuse using many IP addresses. I think this person must be stripped of their admin bit and banned. fr33kman 18:48, 3 October 2011 (UTC)

OK, thanks. It seems that we should initiate a formal process to end all this. -Geraki TL 09:49, 4 October 2011 (UTC)

A barnstar for you![edit]

This barnstar is given to you for your help with the 2011 fundraiser translation.

Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.

And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.

Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 13:29, 24 January 2012 (UTC)

Interwiki bot on[edit]

In case someone has not yet told you: you must upgrade pywikipediabot, so that it doesn't add interwikis to sites using wikidata like They'll be removed soon. --Nemo 07:58, 4 February 2013 (UTC)

A photo of a Bulgarian actor[edit]

Hi. I sent an e-mail to early a few minutes ago. The file's name is "Stoyan Tsvetkov" and I need them for the article "Стоян Цветков (актьор)" in bg.wikipedia. If there is a text in Bulgarian, copy it here and I will translate it. --Batman tas (talk) 13:40, 27 February 2013 (UTC)

Thank you[edit]

I appreciate the translation! Keegan (WMF) (talk) 16:18, 28 June 2013 (UTC)

Μετάφραση στα ελληνικά για OTRS[edit]

Γεια. Έχω μεταφράσει κάποιες σελίδες στα ελληνικά. Μπορείς να τις διαβάσεις να ελέγξεις αν είναι σωστά μεταφρασμένες και αν λειτουργούν σωστά;

Xaris333 (talk) 01:31, 30 October 2013 (UTC)

Θα τις κοιτάξω. Νομίζω ότι δεν έχει κάποιο σχετικό κώδικα για την αυτόματη επιλογή γλώσσας. Είναι απίθανο βέβαια να υπάρξει κάποιος εθελοντής που δεν γνωρίζει αγγλικά. -Geraki TL 06:16, 30 October 2013 (UTC)

Inactive bot on Japanese Wikipedia[edit]




Hi Geraki,

I noticed that your bot on japanese Wikipedia has been inactive for more than a year. If you wish to keep its bot flag, please use once within a month. If you no longer need it, the bot flag will be removed.

Regards, -- Banku on ja.wikipedia 05:27, 12 August 2014 (UTC)

Superprotect status[edit]

Dear Geraki, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.

Peteforsyth 09:17, 12 September 2014 (UTC)

Mailing list for global renamers[edit]

Dear global renamer,

We have created a mailing list for us to allow easy communication. Please subscribe here and send me or Trijnstel an email to confirm it is you requesting it. Additionally, you might be interested to know of the existance of the #wikimedia-renameconnect IRC channel where you are welcome to join. Should you have any questions, feel free to use my talk page.

Cordially, Savhñ 15:07, 26 September 2014 (UTC)

Wikimedia Community User Group Greek Renewal[edit]

Hello dear Geraki,

how are you? Hope you are doing well. I am contacting you since you are one of the contact person for the user group. I am a member of the Affiliate Committee and have volunteered to contact you to see if the user group is doing well. Please drop me a line. If you have questions or need other helps please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you very much. --Wing (talk) 13:23, 7 January 2015 (UTC)

Hello Geraki, just a short update, I forwarded your answer to the AffCom and will come back to you shortly.--Wing (talk) 16:44, 12 January 2015 (UTC)
Hello Geraki, thank you once more for your answers. After some discussion inside of the AffCom I would like to ask you if there are anything, experiences, highlights, low points, thoughts, suggestions to the AffCom that you can share with us? I am not asking for a long and complicated reports, just anything that come to your mind, that may help us (the AffCom), you or other community user groups? Thank you very much. --Wing (talk) 07:16, 28 January 2015 (UTC)

Updated scripts[edit]

Hi Geraki. I edited your remote.js to update you to the latest version of force ltr, which is compatible with the latest MediaWiki changes and resides on the Wikimedia Tool Labs for easier updates. I also updated various deprecated functions and made your scripts HTTPS-compatible. Let me know if anything breaks. :) —Pathoschild 03:19, 20 March 2015 (UTC)


Hello,  It looks like a duck to me ;)einsbor talk 15:17, 30 April 2015 (UTC)

Sunday 17 May 2015 User groups meet up at WMCON[edit]

Hi! Today Sunday 17 May 2015 there will be a User Groups meet-up at 14h at room E. If you are interested, please join, the main topics to be discussed is the relationship between WMF and user groups, and diaspora user groups as described on Wikimedia diaspora organisations. If you are interested, please join! Thanks. --Micru (talk) 08:27, 17 May 2015 (UTC)

Thessaloniki project (reply from Ladino Wikipedia)[edit]

Thank you for remembering our little wiki!

Our community is small and sporadic, and I cannot honestly tell you how many people will see or act on your notice. (You really posted it in the best place, as far as it goes. But you can see the frequency of posting there. <sigh>)

I'm really the one active administrator there right now, and my Judeo-Spanish isn't really good enough to write or translate anything. (Why I'm an administrator there is another story for another time.) But let me point you to a couple of things, and make a couple of suggestions, if I may:

  • The core article on the city is here: lad:Selanik
  • There are four other articles in lad:Kateggoría:Salonika
  • Feel free to add a "lad" column and any of those five articles into your table, if you are so inclined
  • I do not recall seeing an "es" column on your table. But if you are trying to reach Sefardic Jews, be sure you are also looking for them at Spanish Wikipedia. Despite the fact that Ladino is really based on a 15th-16th century version of Castillian Spanish, that's still the closest "big" language to Ladino. A lot of our core infrastructure was imported from eswiki, and there are more than a few articles over there on Sefardic Jewish history. So don't leave that (or Portugese Wikipedia) out.

Good luck, and let me know how else I can help. StevenJ81 (talk) (administrator at Ladino Wikipedia) 16:01, 20 August 2015 (UTC)

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 31 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum(_AT_) Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:20, 28 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Movement Wide Finance Report 2014[edit]

Dear Geraki,

I’m Alex, currently a finance fellow (i.e intern) at the Wikimedia Foundation. I worked before for Wikimedia France, planning the Hackathon Lyon 2015 mainly. I'm today contacting you because of your activity for Wikimedia Greece User Group.

Last year, Finance Fellows produced a financial report that included financial activity from every chapters. It was great and has been presented at the Wikimania in Mexico.

If you haven’t seen the results of the Report 2013, here they are:

We’re currently starting the Report 2014 and this year we also want to include user groups to improve the scope of our work. I want to tell you that I’ve tried to make the process as short and easy as possible, so that shouldn’t require a lot of your time.

The aim of such a report is global. It helps having an idea of how the money is used across the movement, it helps chapters and user groups to learn about best practice and finally it leads to more transparency through a qualitative work, which I believe is important.

Could you briefly tell me if you had any income and expenses in 2014? If you are not the person responsible for this, please tell me who is the user the most likely to know this information.

I’ll be your contact for this project this year, I’m looking forward to working with you!

Cheers, ACella (WMF) (talk) 22:03, 6 October 2015 (UTC)

Dear ACella (WMF),

A financial log for the User Group is publically available here. It seems that in 2014 we had only and income from membership fees and some expenses made in 2014 and paid in 2015... We have received no funding from WMF or any other organisation. User:Glavkos is the one who can give you a better report. --Geraki TL 06:14, 7 October 2015 (UTC)

Dear ACella (WMF),
as user Geraki said I am the person that you have to speak with and we have all our financial data publically available on the above mentioned link. If you need me to translate or clarify anything, please send me a notice. --Γλαύκος (talk) 11:27, 7 October 2015 (UTC)
Geraki, Glavkos: Hi, thank you very much for your help and your fast answer, it's very appreciated! I have everything I need to know for the report! Good luck for the Greek UG, I'm sure you'll do an amazing work! ACella (WMF) (talk) 21:59, 7 October 2015 (UTC)

Request for Central Notice Banner[edit]

Hi Geraki,

I made a request in central notice for this event -> a few days ago but nobody answer me. Can you help me? --Giselle Bordoy WMAR (talk) 15:28, 6 November 2015 (UTC)

Geraki is not an admin or CN admin so he can't help you. PiRSquared17 (talk) 20:15, 10 November 2015 (UTC)

Notice of removal of global bot status from one or various accounts of yours[edit]

Hello PAGENAME}}. You are being contacted as owner of one or more accounts flagged with global bot status. This is to inform you that pursuant §1.1.4 of the global bot policy as amended by this RFC one or various of the global bots which you operate are inactive in the terms laid out by the global bot policy. As such, global bot status from those account(s) have been removed. This message is being left on Meta-Wiki and on your homewiki. We thank you for your work as global bot operator. If you have any questions or concerns, you can raise them at the Stewards' Noticeboard on Meta-Wiki. Best regards. —MarcoAurelio ~~~
— This message has been automatically delivered by on behalf of MarcoAurelio.

Global bot[edit]

This message is being left on your talk page at Meta-Wiki and those of your home wiki(s). Sorry for the duplicates.

Dear global bot operator: Some days ago you received a message in which you were informed that one or various accounts you hold lost a global bot flag because of inactivity. Due to a mistake, messages informing about this were not sent before removal took place as policy mandates. As such, if you think your bot will be active again on global bot duties, you can request the restoration of the global bot flag on the stewards' noticeboard at Meta-Wiki within the next two (2) weeks after this message has been posted. Please note that this removal was purely procedural based on inactivity. If you have any questions, you can reach me on my talk page at Meta-Wiki. Please accept my apologies in advance for this. Best regards. -- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) on behalf of MarcoAurelio at 18:11, 2 February 2016 (UTC)

Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?[edit]

Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:01, 1 March 2016 (UTC)


Θεωρώ πως είναι λάθος η αφαίρεση από τον κατάλογο, είναι ο μοναδικός Έλληνας superstar στο NBA και άτομο της επικαιρότητας για το οποίοι σίγουρα θα υπάρξουν μεταφράσεις στις άλλες γλώσσες. Καθώς όμως έχει πλέον κλειδώσει ο κατάλογος δεν θα επιμείνω, του χρόνου πάλι. Gts-tg (talk) 12:18, 22 March 2016 (UTC)

Gts-tg Δεν είμαι σίγουρος ότι είναι από τα σημαντικότερα πρόσωπα για τον ελληνικό αθλητισμό διαχρονικά, τουλάχιστον σε σχέση με άλλα που επίσης δεν περιλαμβάνονται. Νιγηριανής καταγωγής παίκτης του NBA; Ακόμη και είναι πραγματικά σπουδαίος (γενικά, όχι για τον αθλητισμό της Ελλάδας) υπάρχουν ελπίδες να γραφτούν λήμματα εκτός του διαγωνισμού. Όπως και αν έχει πράγματι, δεν μπορούμε να κάνουμε άλλες προσθαφαιρέσεις. Ότι έγινε, έγινε. -Geraki TL 13:07, 22 March 2016 (UTC)

Ναι, βέβαια η καταχώρηση υπήρχε ήδη μέσα αρκετές μέρες πριν, πριν δω ότι αφαιρέθηκε και την ξαναβάλω σήμερα. Το άτομο είναι Νιγηριανής καταγωγής το οποίο γεννήθηκε και μεγάλωσε στην Ελλάδα, με την ελληνική σημαία πανηγυρίζει κάθε 3 και 10 εκεί πέρα, διεθνής στην εθνική είναι. Του λείπει βέβαια η διαχρονικότητα προς το παρόν, αλλά από αναγνωρισιμότητα (=notabilitoεγκυκλοπαιδικότητα) καλύπτει τα κριτήρια με το παραπάνω. Του χρόνου πάλι το ξαναβλέπουμε, όταν και θα είναι κομματάκι παραπάνω διαχρονικός. Gts-tg (talk) 13:31, 22 March 2016 (UTC)

Your involvement in a harassment incident at Malpensa Airport[edit]

Dear Geraki, I have pinged you into a discussion regarding the incident of your shouting at me in the Briciole Bar in Malpensa Airport on departure from Wikimania 2016. Following the links Kalliope supplied, I have sent an email to the Support & Safety team and copied to you and Kalliope. However in the event you have not received the pings and/or fail to see the email, I am leaving this message here on your Talk page to direct you to the discussion thread as this is a very important matter for me. Please note that I will only be replying to comments made in public (i.e. not in private email) in line with the scene you made in a public space. Thank you, looking forward to your input in the discussion. --Saintfevrier (talk) 11:37, 23 August 2016 (UTC)

Merchandise Giveaway Nomination - Successful[edit]

Hey Geraki

You have been successfully nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program ( Congratulations and thank you for your hard work!

Please email us at merchandise(_AT_) and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.

Thanks! Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 00:13, 12 September 2016 (UTC)

GLAMify has completed a report for you! :)[edit]


GLAMify has just completed a report you asked for, with suggestions for integrating media from commons:Category:Featured pictures on Wikimedia Commons.

The report is waiting for you here. :) Please note that the report pages may get deleted after 60 days, so if you'd like to keep these results around, copy them somewhere else.

Your faithful servant,

Ijonbot (talk) 07:20, 28 September 2016 (UTC)

No renaming between November 20 and November 27[edit]


You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.

We ask that you do not rename anyone between 00:00 November 20 (UTC) and 00:00 November 27 (UTC).

(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)

Phabricator task.

If there are any problems related to this, or you have any questions, please write me on my talk page. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:42, 17 November 2016 (UTC)

Invitation to Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017[edit]

Dear Konstantinos,
Last year you were the local organiser of CEE Spring in Greece and we invite you to participate in this year's contest! Please subscribe to the mailing list of the local organisers at, add your community at the Meta page with the participants and discuss this year's edition of the contest on its talk page (Talk:Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017/Participants). We are looking forward to reading from you soon!
On behalf of the international organisers,
--Ата (talk) 20:54, 16 January 2017 (UTC)

WLE 2017 Greece awards event[edit]

Hi Geraki,To answe your question here, yes I can create a banner for you. The only thing I miss is a design for the banner. You can add a design here: User:Romaine/CentralNotice. Thanks! Romaine (talk) 19:43, 3 September 2017 (UTC)

Hi Romaine! I added the design. Thanks! -Geraki TL 09:34, 4 September 2017 (UTC)

Wikipedia Library User Group is being renamed![edit]

Hello! In the past few months, the Wikipedia Library User Group has been undergoing some major planning and developments. We just finished our very first open call with the user group members, which was a great success (see the meeting minutes). If you joined us during the meeting, we’d like to thank you for your interest. If not, not to worry, we have lots of things planned for the user group in which you can participate.

This message is to inform you that based on the input received from the user group members and the founding members, it was agreed that the Wikipedia Library User Group’s name be reconsidered by a voting process. As a valued member of the user group, we’d like to invite you to vote on the list of potential names. You can vote by following this link. The poll will run for a timeframe of two weeks. Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election[edit]

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group logo.svg
Hi Geraki! As promised by the Wikipedia Library team at the inception of the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group, we are conducting an open-election for the steering committee with 5 to 8 positions. Nominations will be accepted from 3 January 2018 to 9 January 2018. If you are interested in being a part of this committee, you can nominate yourself starting January 2nd next year. This position should attract Wikipedians and librarians with dedication and time to lead the user group in its first year. The elections will happen following the nominations phase starting from 10 January 2018 to 23 January 2018. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact WikiLibraryUG [at] googlegroups [dot] com. A message will be sent shortly before the dates linking to the venue for nominations and election. Thank you! On behalf of the user group founding members--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:40, 13 December 2017 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Nomination Phase[edit]

Hello again Geraki! As stated in our previous message, nominations for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group steering committee elections are now open and will remain open until the 9th. If you are interested and have read the instructions, please nominate yourself on the election page. Please forward your queries to libraries(_AT_), and for private correspondence, please get in touch with one of the founding members. And finally, wishing you a prosperous and happy new year on behalf of the user group founding members! On behalf of the user group founding members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:00, 3 January 2018 (UTC)

Updates on the user group election and #1Lib1Ref[edit]

Hi everyone, two quick but important updates:

Timeline for nominations and voting[edit]

  • Nominations are extended until 12 January 2018.
  • Candidates will be lightly vetted by the Founding Members (excluding those who are candidates) to help form a well-functioning committee.
  • Vetting will happen from the 13th up to 21 January 2018.
  • Voting will begin on the 22nd of January and end on the 4th of February.
  • To be able to vote, editors must have joined the usergroup before the 21st of January.
  • Results will be announced on or before the 10th of February.

How you can support #1lib1ref[edit]

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:50, 10 January 2018 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase[edit]

Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the Founding Members --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:24, 22 January 2018 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results[edit]

Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,

On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)

What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group[edit]

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group logo.svg
Hi Geraki! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Yes, you heard that right! We are now officially known as the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group (previously, Wikipedia Library User Group). New group contacts are User:Merrilee and User:Sodapopinski7. The elected steering committee has been meeting twice a month ever since their election, working on the organisation and details of user group functioning. Progress is being made and we'd like to keep the members updated.
  • The committee decided to use the libraries(_AT_) and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,


via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 27 May 2018 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania[edit]

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group logo.svg
Wikimania 2018 Cape Town Logo v2.png
Hi Geraki! Greetings from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group. Thank you for participating in the poll to help the steering committee plan activities for the year 2018. We received 84 responses, and the results can be found on the resources page. In addition to that, there are a few more things we'd like to share with you.

If you are attending Wikimania,

Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!

If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!

  • Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
  • The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.

On behalf of the steering committee,


via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:02, 14 July 2018 (UTC)

Translation: VisualEditor newsletter October 2018[edit]

18:20, 24 October 2018 (UTC)

[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018[edit]


Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.

Kind regards
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)

A request[edit]

Hi greetings, I am seeking you for a help. I added some contents in Template:Philosophy. But it is not appearing in template when it is added with {{TNT}} due to some translation errors. Would you mind fixing the problem? Regards.--Path slopu (talk) 06:00, 12 January 2019 (UTC)

Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership[edit]

Membership renewal

Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!

Best, Shani & Doc James. 01:57, 28 January 2019 (UTC)

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase[edit]

Wikimedia and Libraries User Group logo.svg

Hello Geraki! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2019 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group before 28 February 2019, you are eligible to vote. Not unlike last year, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.

On behalf of the steering committee,


via--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:43, 20 February 2019 (UTC)

The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your support[edit]

Globe of letters.png

Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.

A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.

While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), we are asking your help for Chinese, Ukrainian, Bengali, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish, Farsi, German, Cantonese, Finnish, Hindi, Thai, Dutch, and Greek, as these also matter to affiliates! If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 21:35, 24 April 2019 (UTC)

User script to access other watchlists[edit]

Hi Geraki,

If you remember, you participated in the 2019 Community Wishlist Survey, including the discussion for reviving "Crosswatch" to allow for cross-wiki watchlists (Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Watchlists/Revive Crosswatch tool).

I sent you this MassMessage because I wanted to let you know that I have made a user script to make accessing your watchlists on different wikis easier, since for now that wishlist item has not been actioned.

The way it works is that, on any wiki, when you look at your watchlist, there is a button labeled "CA" that takes you to the CentralAuth page for you. There, when looking at your own information, each link to a wiki ("", "", "", etc.) is changed so that it links to your watchlist on that wiki.

If you are interested in using it, just add mw.loader.load('//'); to your global javascript page. This imports the code at m:User:DannyS712/Watchlist.js.

If you want to learn more, there is documentation for the script available at w:en:User:DannyS712/Watchlist. If you would like to discuss the script, talk to me at m:User talk:DannyS712.

Thanks, --05:50, 6 June 2019 (UTC)

Watchlist Expiry project page[edit]


During the Community Whishlist survey 2019, you have voted for the Watchlist item Expiration wish.

Community Tech has created the Watchlist Expiry project page to work on this feature, and is looking for your feedback about the open questions they have.

Regards, IFried_(WMF), 15:51, 25 September 2019 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2020[edit]


You are getting this message because you've previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey, in either the Wikisource or Wiktionary categories. I wanted to let you know that this year's survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until November 11. Unlike previous years, we are only accepting proposals for non-Wikipedia content projects with no dedicated teams (i.e., Wikibooks, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikisource, Wikiversity, Wikispecies, Wikivoyage, and Wikinews). You can learn more on the survey page.

You can vote on proposals from November 20 to December 2. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won't send out a separate reminder to you about that. We look forward to your participation. Thank you! IFried (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 22 October 2019 (UTC)

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement Initiative[edit]


We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We have created the first project (Improve ebook exports), which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey. We now invite you to share your feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our project analysis; we want to hear from you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the project talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 09:51, 28 May 2020 (UTC)

Question from outside[edit]

Hi Geraki I am admin at swwiki. I write to you because of a remark you made a while ago at Requests_for_comment/Activity_levels_of_advanced_administrative_rights_holders. At swwiki we start to discuss once more our admin list. You proposed back then to look at specific admin activiy. How do you do that? Is there a special lookup method or do you count these "by hand"? Kipala (talk) 17:29, 24 August 2020 (UTC)

Hi Kipala. Try adminstats (which shows active admins) and stewardry (which shows all admins). I suggest to also take a log for Mediawiki namespace edits or full protected page edits (which are admin actions) and exclude deletions of pages during move over redirects (automated and are logged as "deletions", even from non admins). -Geraki TL 07:59, 25 August 2020 (UTC)

OK, thx! Kipala (talk) 21:45, 29 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday September 20 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Birds of a feather flock together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August SWAN meeting and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday September 20, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 02:06, 19 September 2020 (UTC)

Sunday October 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Friendship is a movement value.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the September and August SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday October 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 16:43, 22 October 2020 (UTC)