Translation of the week
This page is for the Wikipedia translation of the week.
Each week, starting on Monday, a stub or the first paragraph of an important article is chosen to be translated into as many languages (especially small languages) as possible.
Ideal candidates are 1) short, 2) easy to translate, 3) lead to potential translations of other topics. The goal is to have a wide range of topics covered in every language that we have. (See also: Proposed list of articles all languages should have and Minipedia, a project to create a collection of stub-articles.)
Please update the interwiki links on Wikidata of your language version of the article after each week's translation is finished so that all languages are linked to each other.
You can communicate with other translators or ask for help on Babylon, Wikimedia translation activity center.
This week (17)
The winner this week is en:Manoos.
Please list translations here.
Put your name next to your favorite candidate, along with the potential links in the article (some people may want to translate them too). Please vote at /Translation candidates.
Failed candidates are found at /Removed.
Interested translators who would like to participate in this project may list themselves here. Thank you in advance for your support. If you want to have the translation of the week delivered to your talk page each week, you may list yourself with the button below.
Past translations (2017)
- Week Serra do Gandarela National Park(en) — 2 languages before + 4 increase 1:
- Week Hằng Nga Guesthouse(en) — 10 languages before + 3 increase 2:
- Week Monkey selfie(en) — 17 languages before + 5 increase 3:
- Week Saint Panteleimon, Ohrid(en) — 10 languages before + 4 increase 4:
- Week Gentiloni pact(en) — 3 languages before + 3 increase 5:
- Week Egg tapping(en) — 8 languages before + 5 increase 6:
- Week Mangal Shobhajatra(en) — 4 languages before + 5 increase 7:
- Week Sundial cannon(en) — 2 languages before + 4 increase 8:
- Week Rugelach(en) — 4 languages before + 4 increase 9:
- Week 10: Discourses on Salt and Iron(en) — 5 languages before + 5 increase
- Week 11: Lomami National Park(en) — 1 languages before + 6 increase
- Week 12: Traditional violin craftsmanship in Cremona(en) — 3 languages before + 4 increase
- Week 13: Peridium(en) — 5 languages before + 4 increase
- Week 14: Sural nerve(en) — 3 languages before + 3 increase
- Week 15: Euphrates Tunnel(en) — 2 languages before + 4 increase
- Week 16: Pinnacles National Park(en) — 12 languages before + 2 increase
- Week 17: Manoos(en) — 2 languages before