Translation of the week
This page is for the Wikipedia translation of the week.
Each week, starting on Monday, a stub or the first paragraph of an important article is chosen to be translated into as many languages (especially small languages) as possible.
Ideal candidates are 1) short, 2) easy to translate, 3) lead to potential translations of other topics. The goal is to have a wide range of topics covered in every language that we have. (See also: Proposed list of articles all languages should have.)
Please update the interwiki links on Wikidata of your language version of the article after each week's translation is finished so that all languages are linked to each other.
You can communicate with other translators or ask for help on Babylon, Wikimedia translation activity center.
This week (13)
The winner this week is es:Diana Aguavil.
Please list translations here.
Put your name next to your favorite candidate, along with the potential links in the article (some people may want to translate them too). Please vote at /Translation candidates.
Failed candidates are found at /Removed.
Interested translators who would like to participate in this project may list themselves here. Thank you in advance for your support. If you want to have the translation of the week delivered to your talk page each week, you may list yourself with the button below.
Past translations (2023)
- WeekCamarão Indians' letters(en) — 2 languages before + 3 increase 1:
- WeekZakia Khudadadi(en) — 9 languages before + 3 increase 2:
- WeekLéopoldville riots(en) — 3 languages before + 4 increase 3:
- WeekBowing in Japan(en) — 6 languages before + 1 increase 4:
- WeekMisogynoir(en) — 4 languages before + 2 increase 5:
- WeekSweden Finns' Day(en) — 4 languages before + 7 increase 6:
- WeekDelivery robot(en) — 4 languages before + 8 increase 7:
- WeekBuddha Dhatu Jadi(en) — 6 languages before + 4 increase 8:
- WeekAlina Scholtz(en) — 3 languages before + 5 increase 9:
- Week10: Mary Nzimiro(en) — 4 languages before + 5 increase
- Week11: Elizabeth Langdon Williams(en) — 6 languages before + 5 increase
- Week12: I Didn't Raise My Boy to Be a Soldier(en) — 8 languages before + 2 increase
- Week13: Diana Aguavil(es) — 4 languages before + 13 increase