Congratulations to everyone who contributed to establish Hindi Wikimedians as a user group! I just saw the announcement. Blue Rasberry (talk) 00:10, 8 July 2017 (UTC)
- Yes congrats. If anyone is interested in collaborating on the creation of an offline medical Wikipedia app in Hindi let me know. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 13:31, 9 July 2017 (UTC)
Congratulations for the the recognition of the group.I originally proposed the idea to establish this group.I alongwith another Hindi Wikemedian User:Anamdass created the page on Meta and proposed contact persons including User:Anamdass and me as User:Harvinder Chandigarh . But I wonder my name has been deleted in the final proposal sent to the foundation without any intimation to me.Can someone involved in this process may explain why my name was deleted as contact person while I was one of the founder member of the group. Regard.--Harvinder Chandigarh (talk) 14:13, 9 July 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you Harvinder-jee for creating the page. User Group concept was discussed from a long time and initial discussion started in 2015. After your efforts and current page, things gained momentum. We had a month-long notice and discussion on Hindi Wikipedia Village pump abt flag bearers. Everyone anonymously agreed on current three names(Suyashji, Anamdasji and Ashishji). I updated the village pump from time to time about application status. You may find major update summary here. Once again thank you so much for starting the page and hopefully, you can join/help current flag bearers for the betterment of Hindi Wikipedia. AbhiSuryawanshi (talk) 17:20, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
Kudos and Congrtulations
Kudos to the Team worked for. Special appreciations to User:Harvinder Chandigarh. Congratulations to the Hindi Wikipedia. I wish Every Indic Language get it own user group. Yes Let us walk and work together.--Drcenjary (talk) 00:39, 17 July 2017 (UTC)
Roadmap and Action Plan
Dear Hindi Wikimedian Friends it is a matter of pleasure that we have created this User group.I propose to chalk out some Futuristic Action Plan for the group.Otherwise just creating the group has no idea.To start with I propose that we should tie up with Hindi department of Punjab University or some other educational institution in or around Chandigarh to deliver an awareness generation talk.I volunteer myself to give a talk and expect few willing members to tie up with some institution and finalize the dates and arrangements.Regard.--Harvinder Chandigarh (talk) 09:52, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
Bylaws of User Group
Friends there is a need to make bylaws of Hindi Wikipedians User Group which will enable us to take and implement decision in more systematic manner.--Harvinder Chandigarh (talk) 03:52, 2 February 2018 (UTC)
We are working on an offline version of Wikipedia known as IIAB. Wondering if someone can translate the three sentence here Best Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 20:39, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
- Doc James: Sir, Translation is done. And Sorry for late Response. Let us known When needed. Thanks--Jayprakash >>> Talk 16:06, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
- User:Jayprakash12345 thank you. Just need to find people to translate the rest :-) Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 16:07, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
User group for Military Historians
"Military history" is one of the most important subjects when speak of sum of all human knowledge. To support contributors interested in the area over various language Wikipedias, we intend to form a user group. It also provides a platform to share the best practices between military historians, and various military related projects on Wikipedias. An initial discussion was has been done between the coordinators and members of WikiProject Military History on English Wikipedia. Now this discussion has been taken to Meta-Wiki. Contributors intrested in the area of military history are requested to share their feedback and give suggestions at Talk:Discussion to incubate a user group for Wikipedia Military Historians. Please spread the message to your members and Wikimedia volunteers within your scope.
Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 07:11, 23 December 2017 (UTC)
- We at Bhopal are collaborating with col. Southern command ,sudarshan chakra corps.will love to join your program .Kudos for your effort.--Swapnil.Karambelkar (talk) 17:25, 17 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Swapnil.Karambelkar: Many thanks for the reply. Good to hear about the collaboration. Please explain about the collaboration you had in the past, and you're planning to have in future. If possible, we can conduct an edit-a-thon, focused on military history to the personnel there. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 15:51, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Krishna Chaitanya Velaga: I am in talks with PRO of Indian army ,Bhopal.A proposal has been sent to declassify the non sensitive docs.I will initiate the collaboration and let you know asap.Swapnil.Karambelkar (talk) 06:10, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
Each One Teach One -Approach for new Wikipedia users/ editors
Friends I have please cosider "Each One Teach One" -Approach proposed to be adopted for new users and give your opinion.I have created proposal on meta also .If you agree then please endorse and participate in it here . Regard.--Harvinder Chandigarh (talk) 07:04, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
Inviting you to participate in the women editing contest "The women you have never met"
Dear Hindi Wikimedians User Group!
Hope this message finds you all well :) On behalf of Iberocoop network I want to invite you to be part of the women editing contest we are organizing along with many other chapters and user groups in the movement. You are doing an excellent work on your local context and we will be so pleased to have you on board.
In this very early stage, we are asking the organizations to add their interest in the following meta page
Hope to see you there soon! Hugs----Anna Torres (WMAR) --Anna Torres (WMAR) (talk) 15:31, 25 January 2018 (UTC)
IMLD-ODD 2018 Wikidata Edit-a-thon
Ping to contact group @आशीष भटनागर, Anamdas, and Suyash.dwivedi: Hi everyone, we're organizing a national level Wikidata editing campaign on content related to India from 21 February 2018 (International Mother Language Day) to 3 March 2018 (Open Data Day). We would like to collaborate with the Hindi Wikimedians User Group for promoting the campaign among the Hindi community, and make the event successful. Looking forward for confirmation from your side. Event page at: IMLD-ODD 2018 Wikidata India Edit-a-thon Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 13:58, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Krishna Chaitanya Velaga: Thanks for letting us know we confirm our participation -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 15:29, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
Hindi User Group Site
हमारे सदस्य समूह को एक साल होने को हैं। और सदस्य समूह की गतिविधियो में भी उन्नति हुई है। इसलिए हमे अब अपनी हिन्दी सदस्य समूह की साइट का डोमैन लेना चाहिए। ताकि हम अपनी गतिविधियो को सुसंगठित तौर पर होस्ट कर सके।
- Subdomain: hi.wikimedia.org
- Logo: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Community_Logo_Hindi.svg
- Sitename: हिंदी विकिमीडियन्स सदस्य समूह
- Project namespace: विकिमीडिया
- Project talk: विकिमीडिया_वार्ता
- Site Language: hi
- Who can read it? : Public
- Who can edit it? : Who has an account
- Is account creation by approval only, or by anybody clicking on "create an account"? : by approval
- Is email notification to be switched on? : yes
- Should certain extensions be switched on? : Translate extension (hi/en)
- $wgImportSources: meta and all Hindi projects
Add User:Jayprakash12345 (email@example.com) as bureaucrats Add User:Suyash.dwivedi (Suyash.firstname.lastname@example.org) as bureaucrats--Jayprakash >>> Talk 14:18, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- स्वीकार्य योग्य प्रस्ताव।--आर्यावर्त (talk) 15:36, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- यह एक उत्तम प्रस्ताव हैं हम इस माध्यम से अपनी क्रियाकलाप संगठित रूप से निष्पादित कर सकेंगें।--Godric ki Kothri (talk) 09:39, 27 February 2018 (UTC)
- नाम हिन्दी विकिमित्र सही रहेगा या आधिकारिक नाम हिन्दी विकि सदस्य समूह?
- खाता अनुमति से ही मिलना चाहिए।
- आशीष जी को प्रशासक होना चाहिए या तीनों ध्वजवाहक। जय जी तकनीकी कारणों से डिफॉल्ट प्रशासक के रूप में अवश्य रहे।
- प्रकल्प भी मुख्य भाषा हिन्दी ही रहेगी।
- चित्र अपलोड सक्रिय हो क्योंकि बहुत से कार्यक्रमों की तस्वीरें डालनी होती हैं। वैसे कॉमन्स पे भी डाल सकते हैं।--आर्यावर्त (talk) 14:41, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- जी, कोई भी नाम रख सकते हैं। अंतिम फैसला तो आप लोगो को करना हैं। मैंने तो इसलिए यह नाम दिया क्यूकी ज़्यादातर विकि में विकिमेडियन्स होता हैं। जैसे पंजाबी विकिमेडियन्स।
- जी ऐसा भी है।
- मैं केवल विकिसेटअप तक रहूँगा। बाद में विकि बनने के बाद कोई भी ध्वजवाहक मुझे हटा सकते हैं।
- जी जोड़ दिया गया हैं।
- चूंकि यह एक कंटैंट विकि नहीं है तो लोकल अपलोड मे शुरू मे नहीं कर सकते। बाद में जरूरत होने पर कर सकते है।--Jayprakash >>> Talk 15:03, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- धन्यवाद, जय जी। हिन्दी विकि सदस्य समूह नाम पे मेरी सम्मति है। दूसरे सदस्यों की राय भी चाहेंगे।--आर्यावर्त (talk) 15:36, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- हिंदी विकी सदस्यदल बेहतर नाम है, जैसा अनामदास जी ने सुझाया था...मैंने बंगला वाले यूजर ग्रुप का पेज दरख था, वोलोग विकिमीडियन्स यूजर ग्रुप को विकिसम्प्रदाय लिखते हैं उदाहरण के लिए हिंदी विकिसम्प्रदाय, इस नाम पर भी विचार किया जा सकता है। Innocentbunny TALK 16:30, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Innocentbunny: अनामदास जी के सुझाए नाम हिंदी विकिमीडियन्स, हिंदी विकिमीडियन्स सदस्य समूह, अथवा हिंदी विकिमीडियन्स सदस्यदल थे। एक बार चेक कर ले। और मैंने उन्हीं के अनुसार बदलाव कर दिये हैं। हिंदी विकी सदस्यदल नाम तो सुझाया भी नहीं हैं आप थोड़ा और प्रकाश डाल सकते हैं।--Jayprakash >>> Talk 16:44, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Jayprakash12345: क्षमा करें भूल हो गयी, अनामदास जी ने हिंदी विकिमीडियान्स सदस्यदल सुझाया था। वैसे मेरे सुझाव में हिन्दी विकी सदस्यदल और हिन्दी विकिसम्प्रदाय नामों पर भी मंथन किया जा सकता है। धन्यवाद!🙏 Innocentbunny TALK 16:56, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Jayprakash12345: जी मेरा एक और सुझाव है https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Community_Logo_Hindi.svg इस लोगो में यूजर ग्रुप का नाम हिंदी में लिखा होना चाहिए। Innocentbunny TALK 17:01, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- मुझे हिन्दी के बीच में हिन्दी विकिमेडियन्स अंग्रेजी शब्द अजीब सा लग रहा है। कृपया आधिकारिक नाम जब देवनागरी में लिखना हो तो शुद्ध हिन्दी में ही रखें।--आर्यावर्त (talk) 12:53, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- 👆👆आर्यावर्त जी की बात से 100% सहमत 4 हूँ, इसीलिए मैंने हिंदी विकिसम्प्रदाय या हिंदी विकी सदस्यदल नाम आगे रखा था। Innocentbunny TALK 14:19, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- धन्यवाद। हिन्दी विकि सदस्य दल या हिन्दी विकि सदस्य समूह अधिक उपयुक्त हैं।--आर्यावर्त (talk) 14:33, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
हमें लोगो में भी हिन्दी नाम लिखना चाहिये चाहे भले वह हिन्दी विकिमीडियन यूजर ग्रुप ही क्यों न हो। शेष मेरा समर्थन तो हिन्दी विकि सदस्य दल के लिये ही है।--Godric ki Kothri (talk) 09:42, 27 February 2018 (UTC)
- हिंदी विकी सदस्यदल बॆस्ट होगा Innocentbunny TALK 08:23, 28 February 2018 (UTC)
- हिन्दी विकि सदस्यदल के ऊपर पर्याप्त सहमति बन गयी है। अब आगे की कार्यवाही की जाए।--आर्यावर्त (talk) 03:02, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Food- 2018
हमें हिन्दी विकिमेडियन्स को Wiki Loves Food - 2018 
में भाग लेना चाहिए ,यह मेरा प्रस्ताव है और निवेदन भी है| --Harvinder Chandigarh (talk) 08:16, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India): Applications are open
Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India) to be tentatively held in the last weekend of September 2018. This is going to be a three-day training workshop to equip the participants with the skills to create illustrations and digital drawings in SVG format, using software like Inkscape.
Minimum eligibility criteria to participate is as below:
- Active Wikimedians from India contributing to any Indic language Wikimedia projects.
- At least 1,500 global edits till 30 May 2018.
- At least 500 edits to home-Wikipedia (excluding User-space).
Please apply at the following link before 16th June 2018: Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India) Scholarships.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:12, 12 June 2018 (UTC)
पिछले साल की तरह इस साल भी १४ सितंबर से एक महीने तक हिन्दी दिवस के उपलक्ष्य में विकिपीडिया में नए नए गुणवत्तायुक्त लेखों के निर्माण हेतु सदस्यों को प्रोत्साहित करने के लिए हिन्दी दिवस लेख प्रतियोगिता का आयोजन किया गया है। हमारा उद्देश्य है कि अधिक से अधिक सदस्य इसमें प्रतिभागिता करें और आयोजको, सदस्यों का उत्साह वर्धन करें जिससे हम इस प्रकार के कार्यक्रमो का आयोजन कर सकें। हम भी सदस्यों को प्रोत्साहित करने के लिए उत्सुक है और इस हेतु अनुदान प्राप्त करने के लिए यहाँ मेटा पर अनुदान प्रस्ताव रखा गया है। सदस्यों को पुरस्कृत करना इस अनुदान की राशि के ऊपर निर्भर रहेगा। हमारा उद्देश्य था कि हम केवल पुरस्कार हेतु छोटी सी राशि के लिए ही आवेदन करें परंतु रैपिड ग्रांट कम से कम $500 की होनी चाहिए ऐसा नियम है अतः पुरस्कार की राशि के साथ इसबार हमने डायरी को भी सम्मिलित किया है। जिसे सालभर विभिन्न सम्पादनोत्सव एवं छोटी मोटी प्रतियोगिताएं आदि एवं विशिष्ट योगदान देने वाले सदस्यों को पुरस्कृत करने हेतु दिया जाएगा। सभी से अनुरोध है कि मेटा पर अपना मत दें। धन्यवाद।--आर्यावर्त (talk) 07:00, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Learning Quarterly: November 2018
This is an update from the Wikimedia Affiliations Committee.
The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!
The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.
The committee can include up to fifteen members, roughly half of whom are selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms. Those joining the committee during the current process will serve a two-year term ending in December 2020.
- Key skills
Being a part of the Affiliations Committee requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We look for a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members, including the following key skills and experience:
- Willingness to process applications through a set, perhaps bureaucratic process.
- Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliation, and similar topics.
- Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly two-hour voice/video meeting.
- International orientation.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
- Strong understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organizing are a plus.
- Skills in other languages are a major plus.
- Experience with or in an active affiliate is a major plus.
- Strong track record of effective collaboration (such as evidenced skills at facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and so forth) are a major plus.
- Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
We are looking for people who are excited by the challenge of empowering volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world. In exchange, committee members selected will gain the experience of supporting their world-wide colleagues to develop their communities as well as personal development in guiding organizational development, facilitating affiliate partnerships, and professional communications.
- Selection process
As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2018 member selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications received by the committee will be posted on Meta at Affiliations Committee/Candidates/December 2018, and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.
At the end of the public comment period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee who are not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, Wikimedia Foundation staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made by mid-January 2019, with new members expected to join later that month.
- How to apply
If you are interested in joining the committee, please post your application on the nomination page and send an email announcing your application to email@example.com by 31 December 2018. Your application must include the following information:
- Your full name and Wikimedia username
- A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee.
- Answers to the following three questions:
- How do you think affiliates work best together to partner on effective projects and initiatives?
- What do you see as the role of affiliates in the Wikimedia movement in the next three years?
- What do you feel you will bring to the committee that makes you a uniquely qualified candidate?
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!
Chair, Affiliations Committee
Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Affiliations Committee, 06:25, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
New Affiliations Committee appointments
AffCom is excited to share with you the news that the Wikimedia Foundation Board has unanimously approved the changes to the Bylaws during the last Board meeting on January 30, 2019.
This change allows the participation of User Groups in the Affiliate-selected Board seats (ASBS) 2019 process.
To read the Board's announcement, please click here
--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:45, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
Help us make Wikipedia talk pages more accessible to more participants
Our team at the Wikimedia Foundation is working on a project to improve the ease-of-use and productivity of wiki talk pages. As an affiliate, I can imagine you’ve run into challenges explaining talk pages to first-time participants, or it is an consultation that would interest your members.
We want all contributors to be able to talk to each other on the wikis – to ask questions, to resolve differences, to organize projects and to make decisions. Communication is essential for the depth and quality of our content, and the health of our communities.
We're currently leading a global consultation on how to improve talk pages, and we're looking for groups that can discuss and report on their experiences using (or helping other people to use) wiki talk pages. We'd like to invite you to participate, with the user groups that you belong to. You can learn more about the consultation at Mediawiki.org and if you're interested in hosting a group discussion (on-wiki or off-wiki), you can sign up at the participant sign-up group.
If you’d like to participate or if you have any questions, please contact us and let us know. The more people participate from many horizons, the better the outcome will be.
Thank you! Trizek (WMF) 15:29, 8 March 2019 (UTC)
Call for complementary facilitators and more to get the ASBS 2019 process started!
Hi everyone, hope all is fine with you!
The next weeks will be intense, as affiliates figure out their participation in the process that will soon select 2 people for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
Since new Bylaws established that the user groups are for the first time going to be involved in such process, a lot more support than before is certainly going to be necessary, among other things, for big and healthy conversations on the topic. Hence, please encourage members of your group to become a complementary facilitator, or sign up yourself! You can add yourself to the list on Meta or reply to me to flag availability. One person from the facilitators group should soon be selected to liaise with the Foundation Board’s Chair, María Sefidari, on behalf of all affiliates, and it may be wise to also find a deputy for them.
Finally, if you can think of any huge obstacles that would prevent your group from participating to the process (for instance, a language barrier, or lack of good decision-making mechanisms, etc.), please reach out to me directly: it is really important that we hear about them as early as possible.
Thank you! Elitre (WMF) 15:23, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
विकिमीडिया आंदोलन रणनीति 2018-20
मेरा नाम रूपिका शर्मा है और मैं विकिमीडिआ फाउंडेशन द्वारा नियुक्त हिंदी भाषा की रणनीति समन्वयक हूँ। अगले कुछ महीने मैं हिंदी भाषा समुदाय के साथ रणनीति प्रक्रिया के बारे में चर्चाएँ करुँगी जो 2030 तक विकिमीडिया परियोजनाओं में होने वाले बदलाव को परिभाषित करेंगी।
2017 में आंदोलन रणनीति प्रक्रिया का पहला चक्र शुरू हुआ था जिसमे हिंदी समुदाय के सदस्यों ने भाग लिया था जिससे हम रणनीतिक दिशा की ओर बढ़ सके और अभी 2018 से 2020 तक दूसरा चक्र चल रहा है। इसमें हम विकिमीडिया की भविष्य की भूमिका को ध्यान में रखते हुए और अपनी संरचनाओं को अद्यतन करने के लिए एक सहयोगी रणनीति विकसित करने के लिए एक व्यापक चर्चा शुरू करेंगे जिससे हम 2030 तक अपनी रणनीतिक दिशा में सफलतापूर्वक आगे बढ़ सकें।
विकिमीडिया परियोजनाएं अपने उपयोगकर्ताओं की जरूरतों को बेहतर ढंग से कैसे पूरा करें? हिंदी समुदाय के सदस्यों को विचार-विमर्श में भाग लेकर इस रणनीतिक दिशा को प्रभावित करने का न्योता दिया जा रहा है।
इन चर्चाओं से प्रतिक्रिया संरचनात्मक परिवर्तनों के लिए संस्तुति का आधार बनेगी जिसके साथ हम अपने रणनीतिक दिशा में सफलतापूर्वक और दृढ़ता से आगे बढ़ सकेंगे।
वे कौन सी बातें हैं जिनकी समुदाय को सबसे ज्यादा महत्वता है? हम आपके लिए आंदोलन की रणनीति प्रक्रिया को समझना कैसे आसान बना सकते हैं? भाषा और तकनीकी प्रवीणता बाधाओं को ध्यान में रखते हुए। आप इन चर्चाओं के लिए किन प्लेटफार्मों और मध्यस्थों को पसंद करेंगे?
नौ कार्यवाहक समूहों - भूमिकाएं और ज़िम्मेदारियां, आय के स्रोत, संसाधन आबंटन, विविधता, सहभागिताएं, क्षमता निर्माण, सामुदायिक स्वास्थ्य, उत्पाद व प्रौद्योगिकी और वकालत ने दस्तावेज तैयार किए हैं जिनमें हमारे आंदोलन की संरचनाओं से संबंधित विषयों पर मुख्य प्रश्न हैं। मई के अंत तक, हिंदी समुदाय के प्रत्येक सदस्य के पास इन सवालों के जवाब देने और स्कोपिंग दस्तावेजों पर अपनी राय साझा करने का मौका है।
आपके जवाब मुद्दों, चुनौतियों और अवसरों की रूपरेखा तैयार करेंगे जिसे कार्यदल आगे बढ़ाएगा। वे हमारे आंदोलन की गहरी समझ हासिल करने, रोमांचक संभावनाओं की पहचान करने और बदलाव के लिए संस्तुति विकसित करने में मदद करेंगे। इन पहलुओं को विकिमेनिया 2019 में वितरित किया जाएगा।
सभी हिंदी भाषा उपयोगकर्ताओं से अनुरोध किया जाता है:
- आंदोलन के बारे में मुख्य पृष्ठ पढ़ना शुरू करें।
- पहचानें कि आप किस विषय (स्कोपिंग दस्तावेज़) में सबसे अधिक रुचि रखते हैं।
- प्रत्येक विषय (या सबसे बड़ी रुचि के विषय) के मुद्दों को पढ़ें और उन पर प्रतिबिंबित करें। उदाहरण के लिए, ये "क्षमता निर्माण" विषय में मुद्दे हैं।
- रणनीति प्रक्रिया की परिचर्चा के लिए ऑन-विकी, सोशल मीडिया और ऑफ़लाइन वार्तालापों में मित्रवत स्थान नीति का पालन करना याद रखें। ध्यान केंद्रित चर्चाओं के लिए एक सुखद वातावरण सुनिश्चित करने के लिए इन अपेक्षाओं की आवश्यकता होती है जहां योगदानकर्ता सम्मानपूर्वक संलग्न होते हैं।
आपसे अनुरोध है कि आंदोलन रणनीति के पृष्ठों और स्कोपिंग दस्तावेजों को देखें; इनका अनुवाद पेशेवर अनुवादकों द्वारा किया गया है और यदि किसी तरह के बदलाव की आवश्यकता हो तो आप उसके मुताबिक बदलाव कर सकते हैं। इसके इलावा आंदोलन रणनीति से संबंधित कोई भी प्रश्न या संदेह हो, तो अवश्य पूछें।
हम कैसे अधिक न्यायसंगत और सांस्कृतिक रूप से विविध बनेंगे? इस प्रश्न का उत्तर देने के लिए, हम अपनी चर्चाओं को निर्देशित करेंगे। स्कोपिंग दस्तावेज़ों बारे में आपकी क्या प्रतिपुष्टि है? क्या आपको रणनीति प्रक्रिया के बारे में कोई संदेह हैं? आप मेरे वार्ता पृष्ठ या ईमेल पर किसी भी प्रश्न या संदेह के साथ मेरे पास पहुंच सकते हैं। मैं आप सभी को एक अच्छी चर्चा की कामना करती हूँ और आपके ध्यान के लिए अग्रिम धन्यवाद देती हूँ। आंदोलन की रणनीति प्रक्रिया के बारे में अधिक जानकारी के लिए कृपया यहाँ जाएँ। RSharma (WMF) (talk) 09:52, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
Update on the Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process
The Election Facilitators met on Friday, April 5. We finalized the resolution, which is now frozen. The Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation will be asked to approve the resolution.
We have made two small changes to be more inclusive. We extended the date for compliance with AffCom reporting and being in good standing to May 7 to allow time for as many Affiliates as possible to be current with these requirements. The Election Facilitators adjusted the language in case a quorum is not met during the election.
On the talk page of the resolution one issue was raised. The issue looks like to be about a possible candidate. Affiliates will have ample time to discuss the merits of candidates during nomination time, screening time, and they can cast their votes on candidates. The Election Facilitators didn't see the necessity for this change, and left the resolution on this point unchanged.
The Election Facilitators will be Abhinav Srivastava, Lane Rasberry, Jeffrey Keefer, Ad Huikeshoven, Neal McBurnett and Alessandro Marchetti. We will welcome more volunteers to assist us in this process, to reach out to the diversity in language and gender in our communities, and do so in an advisory role.
The nomination period opens on April 15. We are going to prepare nomination pages on Meta. You can expect a call for nominations. There is a draft call, including a candidates' profile section with non-binding guidelines about experience and characteristics for nominees. You are welcome to add your insights, or discuss on the talk page.
Erica Litrenta (WMF staff) supports us in this process. She will reach out to all affiliates through mail and other channels to make sure we are up to date with (user)name and contact details of your primary contact.
On behalf of the Election Facilitators,
Ad Huikeshoven 10:52, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
- The Resolution has been approved by the Board of Trustees;
- Nominations phase is now open, from April 15 00:00 UTC to April 30 23:59 UTC. See the Call for Candidates and Nominations pages;
- Community members may ask questions of the candidates;
- Your main representative has just received an email to confirm that they are indeed the primary contact and will perform official actions on behalf of your group (such as endorsing candidates and then voting). Some groups also need to verify their eligibility status in due time, as explained in the email;
- New content is available to spread awareness around the process - the infographic on this page has clickable links and can be translated, and a primer is available, that we hope will be particularly helpful to those new to such a process;
- Finally, you are welcome to help with translations! Pick one page from the ASBS category and, in the next couple of weeks, please consider translating profiles of the candidates in particular.
Thanks for your attention! The Facilitators for ASBS 2019, 07:33, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
विकिमीडिया ब्रांड चर्चा
विकिमीडिया फाउंडेशन ब्रांड पर चर्चा कर रहा है। क्या बदलाव जरूरी है, क्या मूल्यांकन आवश्यक है, इत्यादि पर। अगर कोई इस विषय में समुदाय की राय देना अथवा प्रतिनिधित्व करना चाहता है तो वह २१ अप्रैल को बेंगलुरु में समीर जी, जो कि आज कल भारत में है से भेंट कर सकता है। इसमें (CIS यात्रा खर्च उठाएगा) या फिर इंटरनेट वीडियो कॉल पर बात कर सकते है।--Abhinav619 (talk) 08:18, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
The name of the only person who will vote on behalf of this group to select the next two Board members is now at m:Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Eligible entities. Please contact me directly as soon as possible if you need any kind of corrections there. There's only a few hours left to endorse candidates, and only the official voter can do that. I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can make a difference with the necessary translations.
Appreciate your attention and your support so far! Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 12:15, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
Upcoming 2019 Affiliate-selected trustee position on the Board of Wikimedia Foundation
Greetings Hindi Wikimedians User Group,
My name is Gerald Shields, also known as user:Geraldshields11. I am asking for your top rank vote for me in the election for one of two open trustee positions on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
I am asking for your vote to help support emerging communities and promote an inclusive education environment on all wiki projects. Also, I plan to promote various other issues as I mention in my statement and answers to various questions. I ask that you show your support for the issues that need to be address by voting for me as one of your preferences.
My candidacy information page is Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Nominations/Gerald Shields on Meta or can be found at Gerald Shields candidate. I have responded to the “Questions for all candidates - Questions for this individual candidate that do not apply to other candidates”. My answers give more details on why your affiliate should vote for me.
Thank you for your time, discussion, and consideration of my candidacy. I appreciate it.
My best regards,
Geraldshields11 (talk) 02:02, 8 May 2019 (UTC)
Introducing Wikimedia Space: A platform for movement news and organizations
Hi Hindi Wikimedians User Group,
I’m writing to let you know that the Community Engagement department at the Wikimedia Foundation is launching a new platform, Wikimedia Space. Here, you will find stories for and by contributors to the Wikimedia movement, and a space for discussions of different topics.
We know that finding information about Wikimedia activities and processes is very complicated, which makes the learning curve to enter our movement and be successful afterwards, really steep. By centralizing community stories and conversations in one shared space, we believe we are facilitating access and discoverability of topics across the movement, improving, in turn, connections among Wikimedians.
As an affiliated organization to the Wikimedia Foundation, we hope that you can share this platform with your local community, and we count on you to encourage them to add their voices. If you’d like to contribute stories, and overall, participate in the discussion section, please read our blogging guidelines and our code of conduct and join the conversation. Find more information about the project on its page on Meta.
Looking forward to seeing you at Wikimedia Space,
María Cruz, Communications and Outreach Manager, Wikimedia Foundation.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:53, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
Opportunity to collaborate with Wikimedia Foundation Education Team
I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to draw your attention to an opportunity for affiliates to collaborate on an exciting project with the Education Team at the Wikimedia Foundation.
The project is called "Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom," and aims to support teachers to use Wikipedia as a tool for teaching information literacy. We are looking for 3 affiliates to work together with us on this project. We will provide funding for a local coordinator, as well as provide on-site capacity development for affiliate staff and volunteers.
We have created a page on outreach where you can find more information about this project, including a video recording of the information session we held earlier this week. You can also find FAQ, that will hopefully answer any further questions you have.
Any affiliate able and willing to partner with us on this project should complete this application form by October 20th, 2019. We will select the 3 partners by October 31st, 2019, with work to begin in November on the information gathering stage.
If you have any further questions, do let me know. -- SPatnaik (WMF) (talk) 15:09, 14 October 2019 (UTC)