Translate this page at Template:Steward confirmations.
Please note that voting has not yet begun, and will not until 08 February 2019, 14:00 (UTC).
|Stewards (2019 Confirmations)|
| The 2019-20 Confirmation will begin on 8 February, and will finish on 28 February.
The 2019-20 Steward Confirmations are an opportunity for the Wikimedia community to comment on the performance of existing stewards. To make the process as smooth as possible, the confirmations are organized as follows.
To comment, please log in with an account that has edits (on any wiki) before 8 February. During the 2019 Elections, please mention if you are comfortable or unhappy with the use of steward tools of any of the people listed below and why.
After the election, stewards (including the newly-elected ones) are invited to review the confirmation comments and to give their impression of the outcome (consensus to confirm/remove etc.) on Talk:Stewards/Confirm/2019 for every steward who stood for confirmation. Of course, they are not required to do this for every candidate and will be especially careful to do it regarding someone about whom they expressed strong opinions in the confirmation. Non-steward comments are welcome outside of the "Final Decision" section, subject to the usual expectations of civility. Confirmation discussions will last one week after the appointment of the newly elected stewards. This may be extended to two weeks for one or more confirmations at the discretion of the Election Committee if the committee believes further input is required before concluding. The Election Committee will close these discussions and implement the outcome (which also means making a decision in non-obvious cases).
All stewards elected before February 2019 will undergo this process.
Clear the cache of this page?
- 1 Bsadowski1
- 2 HakanIST
- 3 Linedwell
- 4 MarcoAurelio
- 5 Matanya
- 6 NahidSultan
- 7 Pmlineditor
- 8 QuiteUnusual
- 9 Ruslik0
- 10 Rxy
- 11 Stryn
- 12 Trijnstel
- 13 علاء
Stewards should create their statements. They can use the preload below:
- Personal info: I've been a steward for almost 8 years now and have worked with my colleagues on dealing with spam, disruptive individuals, and other issues. I plan to continue helping the Wikimedia Foundation wikis with my tools this year as well.
- Languages: tr, en-4, az-3, es-2, de-1
- Personal info: This is my second confirmation. Throughout the year I've been actively monitoring and taking action on Wikimedia projects against crosswiki vandalism/spam and LTA activity. I also did my best to process requests from OTRS and onwiki. I'm available on IRC most of the time and responsive. I wish to serve another year with same level of activity.
- Languages: fr, en-3, it-2
- Personal info: Hello Wikimedia Community. I joined the French Wikipedia 11 years ago and I'm serving as a steward since 2015. As same as the previous years, I mainly handled LTA/cross-wiki/spam and rights management requests. I have also been active in global renames requests. During the last year, I have also been a scrutineer for the English Wikipedia ArbCom election and I was glad to help. I plan to remain as more active as I can, as I was for the previous years.
- Languages: es, en-2, fr-2 (can read and understand an, ast, ca, gl, pt and few other romanic languages).
- Personal info: Good day. During the 2018 I have continued to help in the areas I used to collaborate in the past. As such cross-wiki countervandalism and processing on wiki requests have been my main area of activity with also some spam blacklist and title blacklist management activity. I'm also keeping an eye on edit filter logs and others to catch the never ending problem of spambot registration and spamming which does not seem to get resolved at the technical level yet and which consumes ridiculously large ammounts of our time. Sidework have included: participating in discussions, global bot policy implementation, oversight and checkuser requests. I am also taking care of the admin activity review rounds with the help of my dear colleagues. I have also continued to help with requests for wiki configuration changes at Phabricator and uploading configuration changes at Gerrit. I still feel I can give a hand in the steward duties and therefore I would like to ask for your support for another term if you think I'm worth of it. Thank you.
- Personal info: Hello, similar to past years, I have done mainly anti-vandalism/spam and rights requests. I also help in other stewards work such as on phabricator and technical spaces like stewardsbots. In addition am in touch with various stakeholders in the movement to help in steward-related work and advice. I'm on IRC regularly and try to be helpful. I'm planning to remain active this year. questions and comments are welcome. best Matanya (talk) 22:00, 12 January 2019 (UTC)
- Personal info: This is a placeholder statement.
- Personal info: This is a placeholder statement.
- Languages: en, it-1, fr-2, es-1
- Personal info: I've been a Wikimedian since October 2006 and have completed five terms as a steward with very little controversy and steady activity. I am active most days checking on the night's spamming attempts and watching the noticeboards. I'm happy to continue if people want me to. I believe that I have maintained a more than adequate level of activity, mostly in anti-spam work. I expect to be at least as active in 2019 if allowed to continue..
- Languages: ru-N, en-3
- Languages: fi, en-3, sv-1
- Personal info: Hi, I have served as a steward since March 2015 and I would be interested to continue in this duty in the future. During the year my activity has dropped compared to the previous year, but I feel I can still be useful in this position. My activity is focusing in blocking vandals and spambots and changing user rights. I'm available on IRC when I can and I follow actively my email. I count as my home wikis the Finnish Wikipedia, Meta-Wiki and Wikidata, in which all I'm an administrator. Stryn (talk)
- Languages: nl, en-4, de-1, fr-1
- Personal info: Hi everyone! I'm active on the Wikimedia projects for 13 years now and serving as a steward since 2011. This will be my seventh confirmation round.
To be honest, I don't have much to say. I believe I've been fairly active in 2018 as a steward. So I'd like to continue for one more year.
I still do the same things: work involving right changes, cross-wiki vandalism, sockpuppetry and spam. I'm also active with behind the scenes stuff, such as list administration and activity on the stewards OTRS queue. I'm an admin on three major wikis, a CU on two and I'm an OTRS agent. Since Shanel left us in 2012 I'm the only female steward.
Also: since the Stewards page has been rewritten, it reflects our work much better. And the essay I wrote last year is still applicable, with some minor changes: I now mainly look for Chinese stewards, as well as African users and ... females. Therefore I'm looking forward to the coming year, with hopefully lots of new colleagues. Bring it on!Yours, Trijnsteltalk 18:11, 12 January 2019 (UTC)
- Languages: ar, en-4, he-1 and es-1
- Personal info: Hello all. This is my first confirmation. During last year I was active dealing with requests on Meta, mostly on SRUC, SRG, SRGP, SRP and various other maintenance tasks from time to time. In addition, I used my steward access for fighting cross-wiki abuse/vandals/spammers and LTAs. Also, I frequently spend time on various IRC channels. I would be happy to continue for another term. If you have any questions or comments or suggestions, I would be glad to hear them. Thanks --Alaa :)..! 17:19, 14 January 2019 (UTC)